I really need parents AND coaches advise badly....new to forum.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 18, 2011
Louisiana
My daughter has never missed a practice. We have never mentioned playing time to the coach, ever. I'm not sure where you are getting all this from. You are assuming alot but it does not apply to our situation. I posted here because we have not discussed this with anyone around here, we are private and that was the point in coming on here instead of talking about to other parents on the team. The only thing you correct on was when I was not sure when to schedule her pitching practice, as I said in earlier post. I asked the coach about missing 30 minutes once a week for pitching instruction, at the request of her pitching coach, and my daughter is not falling short and needing "extra instruction".......she gets NO pitching time or instruction period during SB practice, point of lessons is she is learning her rise ball and pitching coach wanted to continue uninterrupted if possible. It was a polite question about if would be allowed to the coach, not a diva demand. And my response to him was a friendly "no problem, we'll get it worked out". No drama took place. You obviously don't know me as a person, and Yes the scheduling is our problem, I needed to know what coach would and would not allow so I could try to schedule accordingly.

It doesn't matter what went on you are bent on portraying me as problematic and unreasonable, so go right ahead.

Mar 3, 2011
Ohio
Magalee:

As a parent of a softball player, I also have a DD take takes private instruction. But typically, that stops during the HS season. Around where I live, just about every kid that has a pitching coach stops during the season and then may "tune-up" before the travel season. My DD has a hard enough time trying to keep up with grades, homework, and her other activities during the HS season because of the time in practices and games.

Is this the best time to keep the lessons going? Could you be overloading your DD (regardless of the HS team issue)?

obbay

Banned
Aug 21, 2008
Boston, MA
Magalee- remember this is the internet. don't read tone into statements being posted. you don't know anyone here (neither do I) so just take everything with a grain of salt. I'm saying this in the same tone that I would say it to a friend, so if it sounds negative, it is not meant that way. you don't need to defend yourself, just listen and see if there's any advice you can use.

You are getting a lot of response. People are trying to help.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
FWIW, the original poster (OP) hasn't come close to being flamed. On a 1 (polite)-10 (abusive) scale, the strongest response made so far barely registers a 3. I would characterize this as a very civil discussion on a generally civil forum. That said, I'm sure people have been holding back and biting their tongues because of the OP's very defensive attitude simply because a lot of have been in similar situations, but the patience is wearing thin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck