I Phone/ I Pad video editing software

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 26, 2010
If you're an ASA member you can get 10 second telestrator for free, which is really useful for on the spot analysis and it gives you a place to host the videos.

Rightview Pro is pretty much the industry standard. They (finally) have an iphone/andriod version that costs 5 bucks. It's an extra 2 bucks for softball (NPF) hitters and an extra 2 bucks for NPF pitchers. The downside is that it tries to lock you into using the RVP academy, which allows you to upload your videos to their coaches for analysis and such (for a steep fee).

-W

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
If you're an ASA member you can get 10 second telestrator for free, which is really useful for on the spot analysis and it gives you a place to host the videos.

Rightview Pro is pretty much the industry standard. They (finally) have an iphone/andriod version that costs 5 bucks. It's an extra 2 bucks for softball (NPF) hitters and an extra 2 bucks for NPF pitchers. The downside is that it tries to lock you into using the RVP academy, which allows you to upload your videos to their coaches for analysis and such (for a steep fee).

-W

I think the down sides is the need of loading your stuff on a server where anyone else has access... and this includes score-keeping.

May 26, 2013
Ramstein Germany
I have not seen the thread, thank you. A couple of weeks ago I started looking into finding a camera capable of shooting at least 600 fps. What I learned is there are a lot of specs thrown out to draw you in but very few deliver without paying big bucks. After looking high and low, and ruining a very expensive SLR back in the day using it day after day in ball fields, I've decided the GoPro 3 with its 240 fps and near indestructability is the ticket. If not, I'll take it back.

I'll have to check out the Rightview Pro iphone addition. Can't imagine it would be much better than Coaches Eye, only for the fact that the true limitation is the iPhone/iPad camera. From 9 to 5 is just a blur.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
I guess Its kinda like entry into tournaments... you classify. If you are wanting to use something for analysis, but not planning on taking the pic of the championship with all the girls holding index finger up... then I understand. But if you want 1000fps, and great win pics... Canon 7D :cool: I'm interested in whats they use in Germany ?

May 26, 2013
Ramstein Germany
I was shocked when you said the Canon 7d would shoot 1000 fps, so I did a quick look at it's specs. The Canon 7D has the same specs as my Nikon D90...60 fps. Yes you can use Twixtor to give the illusion of 1000 fps but it's just that...an illusion. That being said, I would love to see a post of your Canon filming a close-up of a wrist snap. I love my Nikon, paid 1700 for it with lenses and warranty. We shoot at ball parks all the time, it's just not functional as a high-speed video recording device.

Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO
I was shocked when you said the Canon 7d would shoot 1000 fps, so I did a quick look at it's specs. The Canon 7D has the same specs as my Nikon D90...60 fps. Yes you can use Twixtor to give the illusion of 1000 fps but it's just that...an illusion. That being said, I would love to see a post of your Canon filming a close-up of a wrist snap. I love my Nikon, paid 1700 for it with lenses and warranty. We shoot at ball parks all the time, it's just not functional as a high-speed video recording device.

You & ms244 sure about that ???

The elites have always been filmed in 300+ fps. If you want to get close to their records, you better start @ 600fpm.

I got a T1i that can shoot 100,000 fps...now watch the whole thing... you'll learn how to step up that nikon. See the Show More drop down info on the You-Tube...tells you how to order... :cool:

Last edited:
Jan 4, 2012
OH-IO

1.gif

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors