Live Streaming Rig Question by Total Novice

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 10, 2018
NoVA
I have never attempted live streaming and do not own a Go Pro or anything like that. However, I am (reluctantly) considering getting into the live-streaming game because playing softball in the age of COVID-19 seems like it is going to necessarily limit how many friends and family can actually come and watch their girls play. I am not really a gear head and have no interest in spending hours cutting up video in editing software or providing audio commentary. What I am interested in is the simplest, cheapest and yet still effective set up for live streaming a youth softball game. One that provides a solid viewing experience and gives people the option of watching their loved one play on something other than GameChanger. Thanks for any suggestions you have for a basic rig.

Apr 16, 2013
There's another thread in here from last season where someone asked the same question and some really good info came out of it. If you can't find it, someone will. :)

BigSkyHi

All I know is I don't know
Jan 13, 2020
Under Home Forums Fastpitch Softball General Topics Softball Discussions Live is a post Stream Plunge dated June 6 2019

Go to Search Forums and search Live Stream Plunge will take you there

Josh Greer

DFP Vendor
Jul 31, 2013
Central Missouri
With an iPhone, we've become more pleased with using FaceBook as it is easy to restrict/allow access as needed when streaming to a group. We used to use YouTube (which worked great). But that option doesn't work for everyone because they now require 1000+ followers to stream from mobile. When streaming with the Mevo Plus and Mevo Start, YouTube is currently still possible because it essentially uses the Vimeo account as a validator (but still streams to your channel). However, that has proven to be a point of contention between Vimeo and YouTube (competitors, you know) and occasionally stops working. So I would be surprised if that arrangement continues for too long.

Aug 19, 2012
We had a lot of issues with orientation using Facebook but otherwise found it quite good. The orientation thing was annoying as it would sometimes work in landscape and sometimes not.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802