I Phone/ I Pad video editing software

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2012
Oklahoma
I know this probably the correct forum to ask this question but does anyone know of any video editing apps for the iphone/ipad? Something that can convert video to gif files and the ability to post here on dfp. I would like to post more video of my DD pitching for feedback but i always dread turning on the computer, emailing myself the video, converting it, turning it into a gif file, etc.... It seems i have gotten lazy with all this technology and am looking for something to further my laziness!! :). If any of you "techie" bucket dads have any suggestions, it would be appreciated! Thanks.

May 26, 2013
Ramstein Germany
Coaches Eye is a good tool for on the field analysis. The videos you'll capture though will have to be uploaded to YouTube, downloaded from YouTube, edited, then upload to YouTube again. Keep this in mind, the iPad does 60 fps, not near fast enough for catch the arm and wrist movement of a decent pitcher. I have a GoPro 2 that does 120 fps which is almost good enough but not quite. The GoPro 3 does 240 fps which I'm thinking should work for what we do. Haven't tried it out on a batter yet, that should be interesting.

I did some research on high-speed cameras. I think ideally 600 fps would be more than good enough, trouble is, a good one will set you back about a 1000 dollars. There are cheapies shooting 1000 fps second but most reviews say it's unusable. The GoPro 3 might be our best bet right now. Keep in mind it's built to take a licking so it just might survive the dirty environment of a ball field.

May 26, 2013
Ramstein Germany
MP4. By using the GoPro 3 (which I don't have yet) you get to bypass the YouTube experience. The bad side is the fact to review the GoPro video in real-time with the player you'll have to by a dongle and uploaded into the Coaches Eye, which is a very good program for analysis with a player. It's invaluable.

May 26, 2013
Ramstein Germany
I'll pass something along that may be of help to coaches and parents alike. I have two iPads. The original iPad one which I load with drills off of this website and YouTube, I also upload clips from the players themselves for review. It's big and easy to see. I also have an iPad Mini which has a camera and the Coaches Eye software. This is for quick records and reviews. No more telling the player they're doing this or that, just show them. Then show the perfect example. If someone is having trouble with a drill, bring up a good example. I have a complete library on both iPads. Now I'm trying to convince my wife I can't live without a GoPro 3 (240 fps), she bought me the GoPro 2 a couple of years ago for my motorcycle rides. Time to upgrade!

May 26, 2013
Ramstein Germany
Fly, the problem isn't with Coaches' Eye, the problem is a limitation with the FPS capability of the iPad's camera. This is why I mentioned the GoPro 3 with its 240 fps setting.

Perfect Circle...The Amanda Scarborough video shot for the Power Drive we all keep playing over and over was shot at 1000 fps by a camera costing in access of 10k.

I'm not sure how many of you have seen this analysis software endorsed by Mike Candrea and Sue Enquist but it is worth a look. The basic program is $100 but if you want to fold in your own video of your own players the price jumps to $250. Complete systems, with cameras, cost beyond $1000. Some of the video clips on hitting a pitching, both men and women, are worth the look alone.

RightView Pro Baseball & Softball Training - Swing Analysis Software - Hitting or Pitching Drills

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors