Teaching positioning/how to shade a certain way, etc.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 26, 2019
Does anyone have any good resources, particularly even Youtube or other videos, that can help me show my team the importance of moving to where the batter is likely to hit, etc.? Even like a softball IQ quiz type of situation...

They think/get super annoyed that I'm "always moving them all over the place" during games. To be fair, I need to let them start to take the initiative to do so. Outties at least have started shifting when a leftie is up.

However, I'm talking even keying in to a stud cleanup hitter who teed off on the pitcher the last at bat, or the hitter who is the 5th sub put into the game when the other team is way ahead and who swings super poorly/late/no pop in her bat. Even just seeing that most teams pull our pitchers hard since they're much slower than what they see in TB, and not adjusting to that.

I suppose another thing I could do is have all coaches tomock hit the type of hitter we're talking about to play situational D that way....

Tips?

May 1, 2018
Well depends on what you are looking for. I have players move LATE to certain places based on the pitch call. Example: Inside Screw to a right handed batter.... 3rd base is on the base line, SS moves closer to third. They wear the same wrist coach as the pitcher so they adjust (once again late) based on the pitch.
But every pitch called all of the infield adjusts. The outfield is just a callout by the asst coach (certain numbers for certain positioning) which is on their wrist coach.
Basically, tell them where you want and why in practice reenforce with wrist coaches.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28