I hate baseball fields

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Money I would guess, it never bothered me.

A big open field without any fence has a lot more general use then a field with a fence.

Dec 23, 2009
San Diego
I also hate when my DD plays on fields without a TEMP FENCE. That's happening tomorrow at 0830 actually.

A few years back, my 18U team was playing at a Big League Dreams field with no fence - just those fake bleachers. My 3B hit the longest fly ball I've seen in 15 years of coaching/managing/umpiring. Hit it all the way to warning track of that fake field - only to have it caught by the LF because TCS and BLD were too freaking cheap to put up a *$&^^(&&))__&(*^*&%^* temporary fence :mad:

Feb 12, 2014
If high school basketball and football players use the same dimensions as college and pros, why should baseball and softball be any different?

The hash marks on a HS football field are much wider than on a pro field. This is a MAJOR difference for the game, how it's played, and how coaches call plays and defenses.

Also, the three point line in basketball is much further back for the pros than for HS.

I'd also say that bat differences in baseball have a significant factor in how the game is played.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1