HS Round 3 or 4.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
While listening to sports radio this morning, they had an author who had written a book on adolescence and HS. One of the chapters is on HS Sports. This author surveyed 2000+ HS athletes from multiple sports but including baseball and softball. The survey asked a multitude of questions but I wanted to address one specifically here. What was the #1 answer to what HS players hate the most about playing HS athletics? (IMO, this complaint really relates to sports in general but that was the basis of the question for this survey.) I'll let you all guess some here and then I'll post the result of the survey.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
Politics/Drama

Both would have been on my list as well. Politics is in top 5 but drama was not mentioned. The answer, (#1) while I understand it, was not what I was thinking of with the survey being about HS Sports.

Mar 20, 2012
Sacramento, CA
My vote...They don't like the coaches.

I have spoken to many softball girls that don't play HS ball and just wait for their travel team to start back up because they won't play for Coach So and so. We've heard it so much that DD says she doesn't want to play for the HS. She just started her freshman year.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA