How to keep your pitcher warm.....

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2014
in cold weather? Is there certain gear that pitchers can use to keep their hands warm? My daughter has a tournament this weekend and it's supposed to be upper 50's. With the wind it could feel colder.

Dec 19, 2012
Upper 50's should not be a problem. I guess you could bring mittens and hand warmer packets for when your team is batting if you feel the need. When she's in the circle she cannot wear anything on her throwing hand.

May 12, 2014
Once you activate the hand warmers....will they stay warm in the pocket? Or do they need to stay where there's air flow?

May 12, 2014
Correct Lenski....I was thinking when her team was batting. Maybe wear her batting glove if it does get cold Friday night.

May 17, 2012
in cold weather? Is there certain gear that pitchers can use to keep their hands warm? My daughter has a tournament this weekend and it's supposed to be upper 50's. With the wind it could feel colder.

The upper 50's is not cold. My team would be playing in their razorbacks and shorts.

I guess it depends on where you live and what you are used to.

Jan 7, 2014
My daughter keeps a hot hand in her back pocket and will go there to warm her fingers between every pitch. She's become a bit of a weather wimp...this past weekend it was 55 and breezy and she still used it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
christian_softballdad3298