How Many Games?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 6, 2009
We enter this week with a record of 35-17. We have 4 or 5 rainouts to make up. We will play a minimum of 6 games this week and weekend. (I say 4 or 5 because a couple of teams are not making up games.:mad:) So, by the end of this week, we will have played 58 games with 4 or 5 make ups. DD is 16U.

She plays high school ball in the spring and so, they played 32 games. If that is factored in, then she has played 90 games to this point.

When my DD used to play, I subtracted HS SB games from the total. Took her a couple of weeks to be able to play SB again. :)

Jan 15, 2009
Depends on how your keeping track. For the enitre year

Fall 15 games
Dome 53 games (two seasons and two tourneys)
HS 30 games (20 9th grade and 10 JV)
Summer 54 games

Total 152 games

The dome games are short (55 min drop dead) we play double headers once a week and it's really just a reward for the girls for working in the off season, gives them something to look forward to other than hitting/throwing in a gym, plus we're given 1 hour of dome practice/warmup time to go along with the double header. Tourney's are at Thanksgiving and Christmas.

My daughter is a catcher and sprained her thumb trapping a ball mid-June. She's been in and out since then playing OF when it's too sore to catch, and is taking Fall Ball off to let it heal fully (and she's swimming for the HS so it's not like she's laying around). Doctor said it was just pain management and that she couldn't damage it further playing with it, but it would take 4-6 weeks off solid to let it get back to normal.

Jun 6, 2009
Can't say that since my dd is in a good program that wins 20+ every year and plays a very tough schedule. They have won their conference 8 out of the last 10 years and this conference will always produce 3 teams that win 20+. Her coach works hard and has a good assistant that played at a very high level. Our conference has been decided by one game in each of the last 4 or 5 years.

Number of games?

I hear what your saying CB. My dd's HS SB team won state (Texas, and she was the winning pitcher) and finished 2nd 3 times and is considered one of the top programs in the state but I still subtract. :) YMMV.

As far as the number of games in a calendar year, I would have to say over 100+ off the top of my head.

Jul 17, 2009
daughter is 11, we have played around 40-50 games each of the last two years.

i think it might be more important to keep in mind the number of innings (or maybe even hours each game takes) played in a lot of our cases. Little league games are long (we use true LL to play league games) and usssa games and asa tourn. games can vary between 3-6 innings fo sho...those tourn. games are either an hour, an hour 10, or an hour 15. so dont forget to think about the other measurements available

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Keep in mind that only HS games are 7 innings. Many "games" are only 1 hour and 15 minutes or 1 hour and 30 minutes.

I know it is a lot of running around, but I think what she is doing is a normal amount of softball. But, then, I live and breath it.

oops - my post is almost identical to the one above me. Sorry.

Mar 6, 2009
Friend of mine is head of Minor League Player Development for a MLB Franchise and his opinion for youth baseball (I am assuming it isn't much different) is that in the Minor Leagues the players start breaking down after the mid-way part of the season (Roughly 60 games). He therefore believes most kids start to break down or begin to have some burnout after about 60 games. Take that info for what it is worth...

Bill

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrakesii