How many games/tournaments did your dd play in this year?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 16, 2015
JH, High School and Travel she hit 100 games.

Personally, i think it was too much. I dont know people are playing more than that. At what point does it become specialization and overkill? Do your kids have any other activities? What kind of breaks are your DD's getting from the game.

bmd

Jan 9, 2015

Personally, i think it was too much. I dont know people are playing more than that. At what point does it become specialization and overkill? Do your kids have any other activities? What kind of breaks are your DD's getting from the game.

I was beginning to think that my dd play too much as well. And wondered if that is what it takes to develop or overkill?? My dd will take all of December off. May play MS basketball.....

Nov 2, 2012
I'm thinking 70-80 games is probably plenty. I think the Law of Diminishing Returns has to fall in there somewhere. First Gallon of Ice Cream tastes pretty good, but beyond that it isn't quite as tasty. LOL Of course, I say that is plenty for the girl (not parent) who loves softball and enjoys the competition and socialization of the process.

Jun 11, 2013
Played 16 tournaments with 85 games. Hoping to get one more in before winter. I'm not sure, but she may have played her final game. I hope she decides to play
HS this Spring, but it's 50-50 at best.

Dec 27, 2014
Here in the northwest, 12u dd played in 65 games. Pitched in 38 for 141 total innings pitched (out of 308 total).

Jun 12, 2015

We take off after the big summer in tourney in July until early September (not fully off but mostly), then fully off from the last Nov tourney til January. She also has played basketball, which she liked but did not love and doesn't want to play again. This winter we're doing an agility and conditioning class which I think she'll really love. We tried to talk her into volleyball this winter but she declined. It helps that my kids are homeschooled. There's a lot more time in the day for other activities since school takes us way less time than it would if she actually had to go to school 7+ hours a day.

Dec 3, 2012
West Coast
102 as a 8Y0 in 10U.
92 when 9.
90 and 15 tourneys with a mix of 10U and 12U. 145 innings pitched. Add in 12 soccer games and 35 travel basketball games.

May 22, 2015
Illinois
DD's team in 9 tournaments last year (2nd year 12U). Add in friendlies, league games, middle school ball, and guest playing and she was probably around 90 games. Her new travel ball team looks to play about 80 games this season, so throw in the other stuff and should easily be over 100 games in first year of 14U. I think she would play twice that much if she could lol.

Jul 2, 2013
104 by my count. I tried to keep track because I knew it would be quite a few this year. She has been in basketball mode for the last two weeks and won't pick up a softball for another 3-4 weeks. Then she will start off season pitching lessons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Char4eyes