how many coaches

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 22, 2008
No restriction. It used to be required at least one coach must be ACE certified. Somewhere I seem to remember reading all coaches are now required to be ACE certified, but not sure on that.

Sep 24, 2013
Midwest
I went to a national tourney and an umpire stated 3 coaches in the dugout which I questioned and was upheld. Even showed me a rule that in my anger I never bothered to look up.

Normally I have a 1st 3rd coach and a charting coach plus myself making calls. I had to do the charting myself as I tried to do it behind the fence but it was called coaching still.

Anyone else had this as they enforced it on all teams so I dealt with it.

Feb 7, 2013
I have seen some ASA tournaments that do not allow more than 4 adults in the dugout, but I believe these are local rules.

As a side note, DS plays PONY rec league and they normally have as many as 5 or 6 coaches in the dugout which I believe is overkill and actually intimidating to 7 & 8 YOs. They also allow them on the playing field (in front of the dugout) even if not coaching 1st or 3rd :confused:.

Mar 2, 2013
I have seen some ASA tournaments that do not allow more than 4 adults in the dugout, but I believe these are local rules.

As a side note, DS plays PONY rec league and they normally have as many as 5 or 6 coaches in the dugout which I believe is overkill and actually intimidating to 7 & 8 YOs. They also allow them on the playing field (in front of the dugout) even if not coaching 1st or 3rd :confused:.

Not only is it overkill, but it isn't permitted in PONY.

Feb 3, 2011
Rocketech1 is right. When it comes to ASA events, local rules apply.

Comp - I'm out of the loop on what's being required for this year, but I would assume many associations have kept that guideline in place requiring at least 1 coach to have the ACE cert.

Mosotrakc92 - The background check is automatic with a coach's ASA registration.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA