Coaches getting paid

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 31, 2018
Allen TX
We used to pay by the event (practice, local tourneys, travel tourneys):

practice = $50
local tourneys = $160
travel tourneys = $200

plus we would pickup travels costs (food, gas, hotel, airfare, etc).

But last year, as our girls started focusing on the recruiting side of things, our paid AC took on additional responsibility as a recruiting liaison and mentor for the girls, so we decided to increase the amount paid, and make it a flat rate since it was impossible to track the amount of hours she was helping.

So we decided on $500 per month (Fall = $1500) and $600 per month (Summer =$1800). We still pay for travel expenses as well. Each player ends up contributing about $250-$300 per year to the AC, but they have complete access to her for questions, feedback, recruiting, etc.

Nov 29, 2009
Just wondering if that makes min wage?
No it doesn't.

It was about a break even amount for me when I coached due to what I lost in work revenue. What everyone does not see is the amount of time it takes off field to run a team correctly. The scheduling, finding facilities, paperwork and myriad of other things it takes to run a team is about equal to what you see on the field.

You'll never become rich coaching softball. I did it for over 10 years without a daughter on the team.

May 29, 2015
No it doesn't.

It was about a break even amount for me when I coached due to what I lost in work revenue. What everyone does not see is the amount of time it takes off field to run a team correctly. The scheduling, finding facilities, paperwork and myriad of other things it takes to run a team is about equal to what you see on the field.

You'll never become rich coaching softball. I did it for over 10 years without a daughter on the team.

How did you play without a pitcher or a shortstop?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles