Coaches getting paid

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 13, 2015
How many select teams out there pay your coaches? How much do they get paid...by the month practices, tournaments, etc? Thanks

Nov 18, 2015
Curious about this as well. My daughter played Freshman V-Ball, and the expectation is that if she wants to play JV, she'll need the reps of more frequent play. Most club fees, in the NoVa/DC area, for a November-April season, are around $4500. V-Ball and travel soccer seem to be the sports that highly discourage parent coaches, so I think stipends are a lot more common. How much of a stipend would be good to know (no - I haven't asked any potential vball clubs yet), if for nothing more than curiosity's sake, or to be able to compare.

Our 14U staff is all parents/volunteers, so we're able to keep the fees well below $1k per season (Sept-Nov; Jan-July). I would think teams would do a stipend + travel expenses, but maybe that also depends on whether it's a showcase team (travel expected), or just a competitive regional team (may only 2-3 out-of-town tournaments / season)?

Apr 1, 2021
Northern VA
We pay per "event" with practice counting as one event and each game as well. Have seen organizations pay per season and those coaches sometimes don't feel the incentive to show up all the time.

May 16, 2016
Illinois
$3,000-$5,000 for full time coaches. Less for the college players that help coach during the summer months. Plus expenses like hotel, and airfare.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
My daughter is an assistant coach on a B level 14U team that will do events requiring a hotel. She gets paid $500 per season + expenses and hotels. All told, she makes about $2,000 per year. She's a D3 player whose coach runs the organization she works for.

Nov 23, 2021
SC
our non player, college kid coach, gets $50 a month, plus travel if needed. also multiple girls so to her for hitting lessons @ $40 a lesson

May 16, 2019
I'm a HS coach in Ca. The job starts in September and ends in June. I clear $5,500 for the season. I split it with my 3 assistant coaches. Not getting rich out here but I love it. I know some big TB programs make $$$.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles