How did he do it

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 20, 2017
Do we have a video of him hitting a fastpitch homerun? This just goes to show, everyone sees something different. I am not saying you are wrong, i am saying i may be. I just see it the way i see it though. Would be interesting to compare another swing of his though.
I agree! We all see things differently. Looks to have been looking off-speed due to the subtly of his adjustments. He certainly wasn’t fooled lol.

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
After reviewing a bit, I see the hips and the hands getting started later in the offspeed. It looks like the front leg is the same or at least very similar. So to the point @Cornbread was making, it doesn't look like a front leg thing, but more of a hand delay and a hip launch delay. For the inside fastball it looks like he launches quicker, and the hands have to take a tighter line and the elbow gets locked and slotted to the side way early to get to the pitch. The hips pull earlier to get to the inside pitch as well.

Interesting side by side.

sidebyside.JPG

Oct 2, 2017
After reviewing a bit, I see the hips and the hands getting started later in the offspeed. It looks like the front leg is the same or at least very similar. So to the point @Cornbread was making, it doesn't look like a front leg thing, but more of a hand delay and a hip launch delay. For the inside fastball it looks like he launches quicker, and the hands have to take a tighter line and the elbow gets locked and slotted to the side way early to get to the pitch. The hips pull earlier to get to the inside pitch as well.

View attachment 22235
Thanks for the still frames. So from your pov the leg is just being a stabalizer?

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali

View attachment 22235

yes!!! How can one achieve this? There are many ways.

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
Thanks for the still frames. So from your pov the leg is just being a stabalizer?

Hmmm, i didn't study up as i didn't know i had a couple exams today, but i will take a stab at it.

Yes, in my opinion, it looked to me that the front leg didn't do much different in either swing.

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
yes!!! How can one achieve this? There are many ways.
Second test......

It looked to me as CB said, delayed launch of hands. Which in turn held the middle up a bit, or vice versa, i dont necessarily need to understand that, but the offspeed hands dropped down seemingly while waiting to 'launch' then they went which in turn got the hips moving. who knows maybe i am way off.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Second test......

It looked to me as CB said, delayed launch of hands. Which in turn held the middle up a bit, or vice versa, i dont necessarily need to understand that, but the offspeed hands dropped down seemingly while waiting to 'launch' then they went which in turn got the hips moving. who knows maybe i am way off.

I used to think that way. You’re not incorrect.. but take a look at a few extremes. Easier to see. It’s a combination imo.

1622053477547.gif

1622053639401.gif

1622053688277.gif

fanboi22

on the journey
Nov 9, 2015
SE Wisconsin
I used to think that way. You’re not incorrect.. but take a look at a few extremes. Easier to see. It’s a combination imo.

View attachment 22249

View attachment 22250

View attachment 22251
Sinking into the front leg and getting lower is the way to do it? i assume that is what you are showing. i dont disagree, i just don't see it in the clips from the OP. The front leg is used in the same manner in my opinion in those clips. Unless you are saying that the two clips show something different?

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Sinking into the front leg and getting lower is the way to do it? i assume that is what you are showing. i dont disagree, i just don't see it in the clips from the OP. The front leg is used in the same manner in my opinion in those clips. Unless you are saying that the two clips show something different?

nope. the hips. I thought we already established this. Control.. delay the hips.. something else is making the hips turn/extend is what I’m getting at.

1622056248144.gif

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619