How about those Not So Good Weekends?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
My dd is 18 and started playing when she was 8. I don't remember a softball weekend that I could classify as bad.

The concession stand ran out of hot dogs and it was really hot, I do not remember how DD did.

How the heck do you run out of hot dogs? I wanted to file a protest, I was willing to pay the $100.

Last edited:

KCM

Mar 8, 2012
South Carolina
To have a winner's mind set one must loose first. Not sure where I heard that from but it is true and not to be settled for either.

Right now is bad for our family. I still coach but my daughter is sitting the bench for the fall due to ACL surgery. All we have had is practice so far but I know it is going to hurt a little when we hit tournaments. I coached her team last year when she was in China so her not being there is not an issue it is her being there not able to play. She is in the dug out cheering them on and helping learn how to keep the books. I already know we going to get in that situation where I need her but will have to look for her replacement. Next weekend is the test.

Feb 17, 2015
USA
Everyone has a bad weekend every now and then. My 18 year old this past summer had a tournament where she went 1-9 with 6 K's with a couple walls thrown in. There's nothing you can say but tell her to fix it and start over next weekend. I've always told her that if your bat's not working she needs to make sure she is contributing on defense.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
Sometimes a bad weekend can have a silver lining. One weekend DD 3 wasn't hitiing well, her fielding was worse than usual, and her team was extremely sloppy in fielding to back up her pitching.
However,'she did pitch well that weekend.
One team she lost to was a team she wanted to join for the coming year. Worse, she was out of town when that team had their tryouts. The coach offered her a spot anyway based on how well she pitched that game.

Aug 12, 2014
The concession stand ran out of hot dogs and it was really hot, I do not remember how DD did.

How the heck do you run out of hot dogs? I wanted to file a protest, I was willing to pay the $100.

I once went to Popeye's and they were out of chicken. That's their entire business, how do you run out? It's like Dairy Queen running out of ice cream.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish