Hot Bat?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
thanks .. .will shoot him an email .. that is a nice deal...

We have a 32/23 on the team...got it just before the last tourney, so haven't used it in a game....it was $99 as a demo bat....so $79 is a super deal...gotta love a deal!

Oct 15, 2012
just got an email confirmation of the most current usssa stamping. I have 2 DD's that play ... the oldest is 14 and is 5'6" the younger is 12 and 5'3". I have the 14 y/o swinging a 33 and the younger a 32" both -12 Demarini Vendetta.. after reading some posts lately, i have read that the older one would be fine with a 32 ... thinking of buying 2 of the $79 stealths ( they only have 32" left) to get them into a heavier bat. The older has used a stealth purple and white -10 in a 33 and liked it, any thoughts ???

Jan 24, 2009
just got an email confirmation of the most current usssa stamping. I have 2 DD's that play ... the oldest is 14 and is 5'6" the younger is 12 and 5'3". I have the 14 y/o swinging a 33 and the younger a 32" both -12 Demarini Vendetta.. after reading some posts lately, i have read that the older one would be fine with a 32 ... thinking of buying 2 of the $79 stealths ( they only have 32" left) to get them into a heavier bat. The older has used a stealth purple and white -10 in a 33 and liked it, any thoughts ???

Bsteckel, I'm not telling you to do it or not. Just be aware that most Eastons including that vintage run about one full ounce heavier than the sticker weight, sometimes more. If the Vendettas they are swinging run true then you are looking at a fair jump in weight with these 'minus 9s'.

I do question why they are still swinging ultralights at their age, especially being tall for age. Unless they are super twiggy, the -10 Stealth you mentioned may be a good choice. Also, I have yet to be 'wow-ed' by any kid swinging the black/purple version, but it could be the sample pool. The purple/white version impresses me consistently. Lucky for you, they are also cheap as there is a huge supply on the market. (fp11st10).

Just food for thought. Merry Christmas!
VW

tjintx

A real searcher
May 27, 2012
TEXAS
My DD hit with a 33in 24oz all last season{purple}. she is 5'4" 14yo. At first it seemed heavy but a month of swinging hard cured that. I have decided going forward she needs to swing a 32in 22 or 23 oz until she gains greater mastery of her mechanics. After that I will let her go back to the heavier bat. As for your DD's bsteckel, it will be a jump in weight to the 32in 22 or 23oz but it is a necessary one as your girls are big enough and need to start building muscle. They will notice the ball coming off the bat hotter with the heavier bats also. just my opinion FWIW And $79 for that stealth is the BEST deal on a great bat you will find anywhere. I've dealt with Roy at closeout bats for a few years and I'm surprised to find out that folks on this board didn't already know about him. good luck TR

Oct 15, 2012
thanks for the replies on this ... i have been keeping an eye out for the purple/white eastons -10 ... have seen a few, but none of the deals even come close to the deal on the black/purple. I agree, the move to something heavier is past due ... that is my fault .. they just recently got into travel ball and seeing faster pitching and I was worried about them getting around quickly. Brad

Dec 20, 2011
@Arnival have your DD tested the new bat yet. If so how does she/you like it so far?

Not yet. It's a christmas present. She will use it at practice on Friday if they hit on the field. I'll let you know what she thinks.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
My just 13 year old has swung the b and p 32/23. Just asked her " yeah I thought it felt good." She loves her freak though, so I doubt she will use it. She is idk prob 5'7 or 8 .... grows an inch a day.

Dec 20, 2011
thanks for the replies on this ... i have been keeping an eye out for the purple/white eastons -10 ... have seen a few, but none of the deals even come close to the deal on the black/purple. I agree, the move to something heavier is past due ... that is my fault .. they just recently got into travel ball and seeing faster pitching and I was worried about them getting around quickly. Brad

Down to Earth Sports Fast Pitch Softball Bats - Softball Bats | Baseball Softball Bats Gloves Accessories

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619