Hot Bat?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 20, 2011
How much does a hot bat (xeno or onex) make a difference? My DD is 9yo 4'10" 95lbs with good power for her age and size. She plays 10U A ball on probably the best team in our area. She uses this bat Easton Typhoon SK60B Fastpitch Softball Bat -10oz in a 31/21 right now because I bought it cheap and she can beat it up in the cage. It's time to make a decision on if I need to spring for a hot bat.

Is she going to start hitting over the fence...probably not

Is she going to notice a difference...yes

If you can afford I would probably think you could get one in the next couple months before the season picks up, hang on to the Thypoon for the cage though.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Look for deals on a previous year's model. With a bit of net searching, you should never have to pay more then $150. for some of the hottest bats. At 10u it would be very rare for a used bat to be dead, so used should be considered also. Just me, but I will never buy another xeno or ever buy a onex. There are just as hot bats with larger sweet spots and 10x the durability for 1/2 the price.
On softball fans you can frequently find og eastons (scn1,2 etc) in the smaller sizes used for about $100. There is not a bat made today that is hotter or more durable then those...or a phoenix.

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2010
It will make a difference. If she hits the ball solid, the "hot" bat shots will go thru the infield faster than the typhoon, hit the gaps in the outfield quicker. Older bats need some breakin in time, but the newer ones not so much. Buy now in offseason before prices start going up. Older bats look at easton 1b,2b,4b,5b,6b. Demarini phonex, cf3, Miken halo, rain. Newer bats demarini cf5, hope, Louieville xeno's, easton stealths,synergys called brigade now. Metal bats old or new rocket techs. Not sure with the new usssa rules about the new sticker, check first.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I would see if another girl on your DD team has a bat she can try before you buy. With a little savvy shopping you can find one for less than $200.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
1st time DD started using a composite bat she routinely hit the ball to the fence which she had never even done before with her old bat. I was surprised how much a difference it made.

She almost killed me when I was pitching to her so watch out, the ball gets on you before you know it.

Edit to add: To the fence for DD means it rolled and hit the fence not hitting the fence on the fly. :)

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Go to closeoutbats.com
Last years models or blemished bats (has a scuff and therefore cant be sold a full price)
There is the black and purple easton stealth for $99.
This bat sells for $300 normally.

tjintx

A real searcher
May 27, 2012
TEXAS
I just got my DD's new 2012 Easton Stealth purple/black 32in 23oz. from closeoutbats for $99. I bought one there last year on black Friday(same bat). Great price and I can't find anything that would be reason to discount the price. No blems, no issues. She has taken thousands of cuts on last year bat and it still has a lot of pop. Good luck. TR

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBSoftballDad619