Hooking Arm

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 7, 2012
PA
One of my pitchers recently began hooking her arm out at the end of her pitch (after about 3 O'clock). Is there any drills or something I can do to help her stop it. It is causing her to throw outside pitches constantly.

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
One of my pitchers recently began hooking her arm out at the end of her pitch (after about 3 O'clock). Is there any drills or something I can do to help her stop it. It is causing her to throw outside pitches constantly.

Think of the arm circle as a hoola hoop. That should be straight uo and down. Her hoola hoop is way out at the bottom? Is it way in, over head, at the top of the circle? Is that what you are saying???

Last edited:
Jun 18, 2010
Bill's advice regarding the arm circle: Bicep brushes the ear, forearm brushes the stomach.

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
Bill's advice regarding the arm circle: Bicep brushes the ear, forearm brushes the stomach.

Assumption is the mother of all screw ups. What if she does not throw with open mechanics?

More information is needed and this is at the top of the list. To give specific advice to a general question is seldom the right thing to do.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan