Home Run Derby - Ghost vs LXT

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 30, 2018
Marikina, Philippines
If you read what I was answering...he was talking about the slapper (not every CF) as compared to his other bats that she is hitting well with. I said she would do worse with the slapper with pop and distance compared to whatever bat she is using
effectively.

He was talking about a CF8. I never owned one, coached a team with one, but one of the girls, my little pitcher has one on her High School team. She says the CF9 is better but there isn't a huge difference. I really don't know. But what I would say is even if you look at the batdigest videos on live tests, their exit speeds are not going down much if at all with the light bats. See for yourself! They measured something like 10,000 swings over-all and about a thousand between the two teens, about 15 years old. What should be noted is that both girls, especially the small one said, I hit best with the light Demarini, and my hits were the most solid, but I am going to choose the Prism because it is the prettiest bat. And she did.

One other thing that troubled me was the AXE bat. They both said it felt good hitting, and it had good pop, in the top 3 I think, but the grip was unconventional in that it changed their grip. Perhaps for the better, but none-the-less, they ignored it.

May 14, 2015
Bismarck ND
Sorry guys, my interest was more in the 14 inch barrel (slapper) over the 12-13 inch, not the actual weight. DD can hit it out with a camwood, and a regular wood bat lol

Sep 9, 2019
32”. LOL
[/QUOTE]
DD 5'4, 135lbs, swings a 32 drop 11. 7 HRs. 35 games this fall. .850 slugging. Weighing D1 offers. 2022. 34 would slow and wear her down i think. Strong girl to swing a 34 at the size. Drop 8? Wow.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
He was talking about a CF8. I never owned one, coached a team with one, but one of the girls, my little pitcher has one on her High School team. She says the CF9 is better but there isn't a huge difference. I really don't know. But what I would say is even if you look at the batdigest videos on live tests, their exit speeds are not going down much if at all with the light bats. See for yourself! They measured something like 10,000 swings over-all and about a thousand between the two teens, about 15 years old. What should be noted is that both girls, especially the small one said, I hit best with the light Demarini, and my hits were the most solid, but I am going to choose the Prism because it is the prettiest bat. And she did.

One other thing that troubled me was the AXE bat. They both said it felt good hitting, and it had good pop, in the top 3 I think, but the grip was unconventional in that it changed their grip. Perhaps for the better, but none-the-less, they ignored it.

No, he asked about the slapper and how much more distance he would get with it. He did not ask
about a regular CF

And i said you would get less pop/distance with the slapper as it has more weight in the hands compared to other CF's. Its actually kind of a weird bat as there was a reason it only lasted 2 years.
They even advertised it as more of a gap at best bat for most kids. They made it for contact and
control. Again, not saying you cant hit one out with it...but most arent going to gain any pop from
a bat that taked away weight in the barrel...and puts it more at your hands.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2018
Marikina, Philippines
The CF8 was the predecessor of the CF9. The CF8 in 2016, the CF9 in 2017.
Here is your quote which was accurate: " I always wondered if I bought my DD the old CF8 slapper results would be in a 34/24 with the added barrel length. Bigger sweet spot lol"

Regardless, as I said, some big girls that have normal bat speed which does not slow down due to an end loaded bat can use it. IF their bat speed slows down, there are several reasons not to use it:
  • A slower bat speed reduces pitcher speed adjustment; can't catch up!
  • A slower bat speed required an earlier swing start
  • An end weighted bat reduces the ability to check swing
  • An end weighted bat reduces the ability to adjust the bat-head path (if you think I am talking trash, then do high/low soft-toss.
I had girls playing around with the ghost. None of them used them in the Asian Championships.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
We all know the CF8 was before the CF9...the slapper was a different model than the other CFs. I dont
get what you dont understand. The Slapper was NOT like the other CFs. I know you are a big fan of CFs and LS's...but he asked about the SLAPPER...not other CFs...hence my answer. It swung diff than the other CFs and weighted differently. I dont know why you keep going back to bragging about CFs and LSs when
it has nothing to do with what was asked. It must not have been popular if they only produced it 2 years...and for a reason. The added weight on the hands taken from the barrel, cut down on pop but was
supposed to add contact and control. So my answer was going to a slapper, from a diff model
CF would not add distance/pop.

Nov 30, 2018
Marikina, Philippines
We all know the CF8 was before the CF9...the slapper was a different model than the other CFs. I dont
get what you dont understand. The Slapper was NOT like the other CFs. I know you are a big fan of CFs and LS's...but he asked about the SLAPPER...not other CFs...hence my answer. It swung diff than the other CFs and weighted differently. I dont know why you keep going back to bragging about CFs and LSs when
it has nothing to do with what was asked. It must not have been popular if they only produced it 2 years...and for a reason. The added weight on the hands taken from the barrel, cut down on pop but was
supposed to add contact and control. So my answer was going to a slapper, from a diff model
CF would not add distance/pop.

I always wondered if I bought my DD the old CF8 slapper results would be in a 34/24 with the added barrel length. Bigger sweet spot lol

{QUOTE="CoreSoftball20, post: 593243, member: 7451"]
If you read what I was answering...he was talking about the slapper (not every CF) as compared to his other bats that she is hitting well with. I said she would do worse with the slapper with pop and distance compared to whatever bat she is using effectively. (" Bet she does worse with pop/distance")
[/QUOTE]

All of the CF8's were lighter swing weights. The 3 most popular being a "slapper", a middle weight, and the "insane" with an ounce moved toward the end. Yes, all 3 CF8's were toward the light spectrum just as all CF's are today. The same type of lineup for the CF9. But, he was talking ONLY about the CF8 slapper. I am talking only about the CF8 and CF9 Slappers. And I do not know about his daughter and her potential power. What I would say she could only increase her power with the CF8 or 9 if and only if her bat speed increased. If NOT, then she would hit harder with the Ghost. But if you think that a lighter weight is comparable to hitting weaker, then that is not scientific. It is about more/less bat speed and accuracy of the swing as in bat control.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I give up...nobody is talking about CF's swinging lighter. You're right, I only sold the Cf's and the slapper
was so popular, they bagged it in 2 years. The slapper model was brutal in sales so to say they were
popular, I guess we have diff meanings of popular...haha. It wasnt a midload, it was more towards the hands. It was like taking a half ounce or ounce from the barrel, and putting it right on your hands. Have
you ever picked one up and hit with it? Demarini even advertised it as the way im describing, so Im not
being overly critical of it.

He was talking about going from a regular CF to a Slapper...not going from slapper to slapper models years, and wondering if the half inch increase in barrel size of a slapper over the regular CF would mean more pop. And it wouldnt.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2010
I see so few Demarini‘s now. They used to be EVERYWHERE. I’m sure they are quite serviceable but it just doesn’t seem to be what players currently want.

Ghosts and LXT’s....... Won’t start an argument about how many of each but Easton really grabbed the market back in a big way.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi