HLP vs the High level movement pattern

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I see it this way.. the vertical stretch isn’t as prevalent so the diagonal stretch is the last available resource. Just like the swing, tilt then the turn.

Reactions: TDS

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
7lmE3Sn.png

Jun 8, 2016
I know this wasn't directed towards me but why would there not be stretch in hip? Or lost stretch, Because the leg is turning in I/R as the upper half including the hip is E/R.

http://firstpickclub.com/video/bonds_back_leg2.gif
Is that really a front foot pressure effect, because that was the specific question (in response to his stepping on eggshells statement..)

So less stretch is lost when swinging at 90/10 vs 80/20 vs 70/30 vs 60/40....etc,etc.....I haven't done limits of a sequence in a while (ok that is a lie) but it looks like the limit of that sequence is 100/0 and I don't typically see anybody swinging with their foot in the air not on an A swing at least.

Likewise 10/90 is probably not good either..;)

So...

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2017
Is that really a front foot pressure effect, because that was the specific question (in response to his stepping on eggshells statement..)

So less stretch is lost when swinging at 90/10 vs 80/20 vs 70/30 vs 60/40....etc,etc.....I haven't done limits of a sequence in a while (ok that is a lie) but it looks like the limit of that sequence is 100/0 and I don't see anybody swinging with their foot in the air..
I think I would agree with that as a person can really only hold stretch for so long before some leaking occurs. To that I, would say it would be the same on linear across the body stretch. Its not as if a person performing that could somehow hold it indefinitely either. I don't think it was ever the intention that a HLP pattern was never going to have weight shift. It was simply preventing weight shift from happening to soon.

In either pattern, once weight is shifted across to the point of no return, all bets are off.

Jun 8, 2016
I think I would agree with that as a person can really only hold stretch for so long before some leaking occurs. To that I, would say it would be the same on linear across the body stretch. Its not as if a person performing that could somehow hold it indefinitely either. I don't think it was every the intention that a HLP pattern was never going to have weight shift. It was simply preventing weight shift from happening to soon.
So the front leg is only used for stability/balance purposes and as long as you can do that you want the least amount of pressure on the front foot when swinging (since you bleed stretch the more pressure you have), is that your contention?

I think there is a Goldilocks solution to this tbh...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeeTD&Coach