hittingdisk???

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
From the link you provided ...

The Hitting Disk is actually the basis for a fundamental palm-up, palm-down hitting drill. You work on throwing your hands toward the pitcher and building a keen understanding of the angles of your swing.

hitting-disk-in-action.jpg

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
Learned this from Dave Paetkau around 8 years ago. Take CD and you can do the same drill and they are heck of alot cheaper. As FFS stated and shows above it it to get you at palm up palm down at release. Roll your wrists and you can figure out what happens.

Dec 7, 2011
I used them about 3 years ago for when I was coaching LL & the "B" level TB team we had (12U).

It was awesome in revealing when the girls were not using proper palm-up/down.

We would have competitions on who could get the disc out to 2nd base the best.

It was cool to see those few girls, that understood how the outcome with the disc translated into the similar outcome with the bat, actually improved allot!

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Learned this from Dave Paetkau around 8 years ago. Take CD and you can do the same drill and they are heck of alot cheaper. As FFS stated and shows above it it to get you at palm up palm down at release. Roll your wrists and you can figure out what happens.

Bold above ... nice! Pay specific attention to the top hand wrist.

Sep 17, 2009

Have used top of buckets to same effect : >

Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
RichK. Folger Coffee lids. Back before I knew better, we used them for this drill and as whiffle balls. You can throw them fast , they move, and you can hit them for a long time before they are destroyed. I still have a large bucket of them, just don't use them anymore.

Jan 24, 2011
RichK. Folger Coffee lids. Back before I knew better, we used them for this drill and as whiffle balls. You can throw them fast , they move, and you can hit them for a long time before they are destroyed. I still have a large bucket of them, just don't use them anymore.

Could you elaborate on what you mean by the bolded part above? Thanks