hitting software to track your hitter's pitch locations and results?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 4, 2011
Hi there,

Is there a software out there where you can track your hitter's pitch sequences and locations to find the tendencies of your hitter? Meaning what pitches they were swinging at, and the results?

I saw a similar software when watching Moneyball...

Thank you.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2009
Hi there,

Is there a software out there where you can track your hitter's pitch sequences and locations to find the tendencies of your hitter? Meaning what pitches they were swinging at, and the results?

Thank you.

ESPN's iScore for iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch. It's awesome! Especially the reports it generates. Unbelievable piece of software for $9.99!

Of course, the hardware is rather expensive. I have it on a Touch, which I bought just for the software. If I had it to do over, I'd get the iPad.

To track pitch location you just click on the rectangle where the pitch was and it saves it in a report.

I'm not exaggerating when I say it's awesome!

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
I know Iscore will track pitch locations. Not sure you can process it later to see what pitches your hitter made contact with.

FWIW, I used Iscore to keep our book this past year and really liked it a lot. It tracks just about everything. BA, OB%, Slugging, Runners in scoring position, you name it. Plus, when you play a team for a second time it shows their hitting locations as they get up.

Oct 4, 2011
Thanks for the replies. I happen to have an iPad, so I will order it right away. I appreciate the extra info, too.

Apr 1, 2010
ESPN's iScore for iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch. It's awesome! Especially the reports it generates. Unbelievable piece of software for $9.99!

Of course, the hardware is rather expensive. I have it on a Touch, which I bought just for the software. If I had it to do over, I'd get the iPad.

To track pitch location you just click on the rectangle where the pitch was and it saves it in a report.

I'm not exaggerating when I say it's awesome!

Hi, softballphreak. It sounds really great. My husband and I were considering going in with her aunt on an iPod Touch for DD this Christmas. I was hoping I could put the iScore software on it and use it while she's playing. However, you mentioned that if you had to do it again, you'd get the iPad. Will we be disappointed with the Touch?

Oct 25, 2009
Hi, softballphreak. It sounds really great. My husband and I were considering going in with her aunt on an iPod Touch for DD this Christmas. I was hoping I could put the iScore software on it and use it while she's playing. However, you mentioned that if you had to do it again, you'd get the iPad. Will we be disappointed with the Touch?

Compared to the iPad, definitely. But the reports are the same with either. The difference is the size of the screen. But other than entering players it's all touch anyway.

You can have the app automatically create players for the teams but it's much more fun and valuable to have real players with their actual numbers (for both teams is even better).

The iPad2 is really the best investment; especially since you won't have to have a computer with the new software. It doesn't have to hook to a Mac or PC anymore. Go with the iPad2, she'll love it a WHOLE LOT more!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32