Hitting Jack-It sytem - ??

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
For $5 at Play-It-Again-Sports, I got a 3-oz heavier than usual bat for my DD. Seems to me like it would accomplish a similar goal for a lot cheaper.

May 26, 2013
South Florida
For $5 at Play-It-Again-Sports, I got a 3-oz heavier than usual bat for my DD. Seems to me like it would accomplish a similar goal for a lot cheaper.

probably, but these(multiple weights) can be passed from one girl to the next for use on their own bats. I believe there is some benefit to the girls using "their" bat. Eliminates some excuses about grip, length...etc.....

May 26, 2013
South Florida
Valid point. I'm only thinking about one girl.

Your so selfish....LOL

When I do tee work with the girls I see a lot of what I refer to as "lack" of effort or energy. I think these weights will force them to use more effort/energy to maintain a good smooth swing. Plus, they will benefit in building strength and speed.

Just want to see if there would be any negatives from introducing these.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Even moving up 3 ounces is a lot. That one would be the only one that I would try with girls that are HS age. I tried a weighted bat drill once for slow pitch. I have a collar that goes on the bat that you can add ounces one at a time. All it did was make my shoulders really sore.

I think studies show that adding weight to a bat does not create bat speed, although MLB continues to do it.

May 26, 2013
South Florida
Even moving up 3 ounces is a lot. That one would be the only one that I would try with girls that are HS age. I tried a weighted bat drill once for slow pitch. I have a collar that goes on the bat that you can add ounces one at a time. All it did was make my shoulders really sore.

I think studies show that adding weight to a bat does not create bat speed, although MLB continues to do it.

I believe those studies were for swinging with a donut prior to live game time hitting if I recall correctly.

I figured since this weight is placed mid bat, the added weight would not really be all that much of an increase as it will be more balanced than a donut or end load heavy bat.

I appreciate all the info though, that's why this site is awesome.......

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
My girls use the jacket weights, but only as a warm up on dry swings and for a few tee cuts. I've never asked them to swing at a pitched ball with the weight on the bat.

Oct 10, 2011
weighed bat

I think these should work fine and are a good price at 25.oo. I'm completely sold on using heavier bats for practice, including front toss etc... Great for forearm/grip strength. .. forces them to use the lower half more. At a clinic this past weekend they used 60 oz bats for front toss. I say go for it!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA