Hitting Baseballs??

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 11, 2010
It's no big deal to hit baseballs with a fast pitch bat. We hit machine baseballs all the time and sometimes I mix in regular baseballs to front toss. I think the machine baseballs are easier on bats than machine softballs as long as we aren't talking balls that are old and hard as a rock, not talking commercial cage balls, also hard as a rock.

We have used Miken's, Xeno's, Rockettech's Cattys and Synergies, often game bats. DD is currently using a borrowed silver Xeno, bat is hot and I hate to think how many of the above it has hit. It's dd's current game bat.

Just keep throwing underhand. Have her move toward you or better yet have two or three throw down plates line them up between pitcher and batter, move her closer and farther on all the plates so she has to adjust. I pitch most of the time but we use the machine too. It's all good.

If your baseball machine is a Jugs you can probably flip the legs to lower it so the release height is lower/correct. Pull the white rubber caps off and flip the legs over. Put the caps back on other end. BTW, those white caps are for the ends of crutches, available at almost every hardware store. New ones don't walk as much if you are on concrete.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2009
We hit baseballs all the time, we have a game bat and a practice bat, I rapped white tape around the practice bat to show the sweet spot. I pitch them underhand and hit baseballs at the batting cage. I like the baseballs for visual of hitting and seeing a smaller object.

I’ve watched Georgia Bulldogs begin infield with baseballs and switch to softballs at a point.

Jun 24, 2013
DD hits baseballs with her Xeno all the time, both when we practice and at the cages.

I think hitting is hitting. Sometimes I pitch but I usually use a spring loaded machine that throws overhand. You can tell the next game when DD goes out and practices hitting, even if it is overhand.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simonet