Hit this Ball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
SL - you mean like this ball down in the zone?

RB2-24-13-1-G_zpsd6121234.gif

Ray
Can you see she turns the corner and release's the wrists around her front foot area?

SL

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Ray
I never once said the barrel does not turn. I say the barrel turns on its own,on any swing. Just turns different on your hand path
What I am saying is clearly in the demo of torking the wrists to make it turn
The hitter you posted clearly does not tork her wrists and release them until she rotates and release's around her front foot

It is not any where near the demo of flipping the bat underneath which is shown in every SNF drill I ever saw.

Torking the wrists and releasing them as soon as the bat dumps. I just dont see that action in most MLB swings.
I am not saying it is a bad drill for a feeling, I am saying I dont see that action even the swing you just posted.

SL

Last edited:
Sep 17, 2009
MLB players holding on to the wrist angle around the corner(rotation)
SL

To my eyes, the one additional thing I see in clips like Fielder below is a hand load/bat tip....so he isn't holding anything, IMO. Once he tips he better pretty actively turn vs. hold or he's going to be late to contact. It's not hold hold hold release it's load/tip, turn, release.

FielderHPPAngle.gif

Feb 14, 2010
Yep. If you are waiting that long to use your hands your batspeed will be out front. You have to be torquing the handle from the get go. You can't just rotate and then use your hands.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
I stand the bat up/it finds plane when I rotate, I still dont release my wrists to impact until i turn the corner.
I maintain the wrist angle.

We are talking 2 different things, I guess we will agree to disagree

SL

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
I stand the bat up/it finds plane when I rotate, I still dont release my wrists to impact until i turn the corner.
I maintain the wrist angle.

We are talking 2 different things, I guess we will agree to disagree

SL

SL,
Can you give a gif example of what you believe happens? Maybe an example or give the hitters name and I will post it.

Feb 14, 2010
SL,

Are your hands along for the ride during your rotation or are you feeling pressure immediately?

The reason I ask is because I'm getting the visual of Torres' swing with what you are describing

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rosie