Hit this Ball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
What swing mechanics could hit this ball, line drives over the infielders head???
BattingArea_zps0b40af2e.jpg

SL

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Could these swings hit the high fast ball or rise ball or the high tee??
Highball_zpsdb959b7d.gif

bautistalowright_zpsaa8ba1a4.gif

I say yes.
If they were slowed down you would see them turn the corner, before they release the bat head
The knob goes to the pitcher, then release...then the barrel to the pitcher.

Turning the barrel, dumping the barrel, I dont see that working on anything up in the zone.
We want to hit a line drive over the infielders head, not a long out....
What do you see??

SL

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2009
Dumping the barrel wouldn't work. I don't see why the turning the barrel approach wouldn't work.

The higher the pitch the more level the swing. Tilt and dumping the barrel are two different things.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Dumping the barrel wouldn't work. I don't see why the turning the barrel approach wouldn't work.

The higher the pitch the more level the swing. Tilt and dumping the barrel are two different things.

The main point I am trying to make is what forces it takes to hit a high ball. You have to keep the back elbow up, turn the corner, hold on to the knob for a short time before you release the bat head to hit it up the middle.

SL

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2009
The main point I am trying to make is what forces it takes to hit a high ball. You have to keep the back elbow up, turn the corner, hold on to the knob for a short time before you release the bat head to hit it up the middle.

SL

If you're saying what I think you are, it would be a matter of how deep the ball gets. If you turn the barrel too soon you will pull it; too late, to opposite field; square to the ball, up the middle. IOW, it depends on point of contact.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
The SNF swing mechanics I posted of teacherman, might work on a low ball. I just dont see these working on anything up in the zone.

JMO

SL

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
Could this? High fast ball, Rise ball our girls would face?
barrelturn_zps6fef599b.gif

SL

Look High, adjust for low, do not dump the barrel.

This is where most of the discussion, is taking place, the adjustability, of the swing.

Is the swing over, before you drop the barrel?
Is the swing over, before the foot is weighted?

The ball is hit deep for outside pitches.
It is hit out front, for inside pitches.

This is what the Hanson principle shows.

It would be a very long swing, if you dump the barrel deep, on an inside pitch.

Seems to me, you adjust, as you turn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rosie