Hips or the Hands or both simultaneously(lets keep it simple)?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
It’s not a power mechanic. It’s for efficiency.
Not sure what you mean by efficient but to me the more efficient you are the more powerful you are in relation to your given athletic ability (strength, fast-twitch/explosiveness,etc)

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Not sure what you mean by efficient but to me the more efficient you are the more powerful you are in relation to your given athletic ability (strength, fast-twitch/explosiveness,etc)

5 cups this morning Pattar? Yes. But people fall in love with words like ‘power’, ‘speed’ and ‘explosive’. But when teaching or conveying I stay away from these words. They are destructive and constitute muscling or rushing and hard to attain expectations blossom. Squaring up every pitch in the strike zone is my expectations for a student.

If the swing and timing are good power will be there :). The power ‘they’ are capable of.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Mikey had the 'scissor' action and his front foot wasn't closed off.

Mickey-Mantle-rearfootsideways.gif

May 12, 2016
Whether he has a good understanding of it or not I don't know. But he actually said that some hitters have their foot more/closed than others. He actually mentioned Pujois. So for just that reason(foot closed vs open) alone I don't think we can discredit his knowledge, or what he was saying about this topic

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meeks