Hip Bump for RHC

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
That's why I like the Babe Ruth stance. He started narrow, so the weight is going to naturally move towards the front leg instead of staying on the back leg during the stride.

Kent_LA_side2.gif

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Forward by coil:
Then put your legs together.........And do this a few times.......COIL TO SHIFT..........Don't Stride to Shift:
2rfsduh.gif

IOW....Get your rear butt-cheek moving toward the 2nd baseman FIRST.......Don't just "turn it toward him and spread your legs"..........

HYP

Nov 17, 2012
Forward by coil:
Then put your legs together.........And do this a few times.......COIL TO SHIFT..........Don't Stride to Shift:
2rfsduh.gif

IOW....Get your rear butt-cheek moving toward the 2nd baseman FIRST.......Don't just "turn it toward him and spread your legs"..........

With your above description. Would you say you are striding with your rear leg or front leg?

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
With your above description. Would you say you are striding with your rear leg or front leg?

I'm all about the front leg being in charge of the stride... oops. I want my rear leg to be the stride. I want my coil forward to be my stride. I want my DD to think of her rear leg being in charge of the stride. I don't want her to coil and then just reach out with her front leg as she has in the past.

R

RayR

Just read something you wrote on BBF.....force shift (or pressure shift) would be a better term for what I have been trying to describe....wrt to hip bump....

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
Fiveframe, you referded to the term "reverse pivot". Is this hip bump by Smith, reverse pivot?
No striders, use this hip bump, to get their momentum foward, with coil, and then uncoil.

<iframe frameborder="0" scrolling="no" width="640" height="360" src="http://api.smugmug.com/services/embed/2287094671_nH6ZwjR?width=640&height=360&albumId=27115846&albumKey=68PLDq"></iframe>
mann's Photos : Photo Keywords : ashtest 

Somehow my strider has incorperated, the no stride hip bump, into her swing, AT TIMES. She Keeps it moving foreward, nothing stops moving.

I understand the keep it altogether, No hesitation, well timed swing. For a secound year player, she does well.

It is very close to what Smith does.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkhill45