Hillhouse lessons in Cincy

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 7, 2013
SoCalASABlue arranged for Bill to do a clinic almost 3 years ago in San Diego (aka LoCal). Did that happen? I know he was disappointed in the lack of interest, but that was also a couple months before the clinic.

If you really want to pull it off, I think you need to organize it with pitching coaches that are disciples of Bill. Perhaps Bill can provide a list of them.

It's all about the marketing. I would post info of a pitching clinic on Heybucket which is required reading (at least on occasion) for travel ball parents. I would have a catchy phrase such as "10 Things Your Pitching Coach Won't Tell You". Play up your credentials, most PCs can't touch Bill's credentials. Befriend the heads of top fastpitch organizations such as Tony Rico (Firecrackers); OC Batbusters, SoCal Athletics, etc. Some of the Rec Leagues in OC have well over 1,000 players and there are hundreds of leagues in the region, why not advertise on their websites.

Mar 26, 2013
Having a big org like FC or OCBB put it on at their facility would definitely get a good turnout. However, they already have their preferences on PCs. They're not going to be swayed unless Bill has some students they know about that prove the techniques he teaches are better than the ones by the PCs they respect and trust. If he does, they'll want local PCs to learn it so they can teach it afterward. I don't see successful TB pitchers going unless there is someone local to continue with afterward. jmho

Go for it!

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
The response from the head of our org and dds pitching coach was..."who is Bill Hillhouse?". The HC I get, he is a baseball guy and teaches everything but pitching. But how does a PC not do enough research to accidentally stumble across BH. Title of my next thread "how to switch pcs without burning a bridge". I think this was the last straw and confirms some nagging doubts I have had.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
A fastpitch coach who has never heard of Hillhouse obviously already knows it all. And doesn't need to scour every source of information he can find in an attempt to better himself as a teacher. You are lucky to have found such an expert! (Tongue in cheek)

Feb 5, 2010
Who's Bill Hillhouse? LOL You are not alone when you hear things like this. Don't think for one min. that everyone knows of Bill. You have no idea how many times those words are spoken when you start setting up a clinic. The beauty of this is, once Bill has a chance to speak to a crowd, you hear those same people say, " this guy makes perfect sense" " I now understand" and the biggest one " why have we never heard of him" Everyone thinks they have the answer until they see and hear what Bill has to say.
Bill will sell himself, you need to help. It takes months to advertise and get out the word but it can be done. If you build it, he will come, at least that has been my experience.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
Well that little bit of gap in her knowledge just acted as the last straw. The PC we are going to work with actually played with Bill at some point so at least I didn't get a who's BH. His name is Jason Iuli, BTW this is not the reason we are switching, this was just confirmation that maybe my PC is not trying her best to stay knowledgeable and grow in her profession. This was just confirmation that some of the other things that have been nagging me. Concentration on finish position but not working on an elbow bend. Trying to get DD to eliminate her brush and let the arm come through without any contact. Moving on the movement pitches when posture and glove side are still in need of a lot of work. I was going trying to roll with it out of deference to her experience but now I think we just have divergent views so better to cut bait than stick it out.

May 4, 2009
Baltimore
A fastpitch coach who has never heard of Hillhouse obviously already knows it all. And doesn't need to scour every source of information he can find in an attempt to better himself as a teacher. You are lucky to have found such an expert! (Tongue in cheek)

Coach, these people that coach these top flight travel ball clubs (not all, but most), are like rock stars in their own minds. They aren't researching anything. They know it all and unless you are one of the big name college coaches, they don't have time for you. Bill Hillhouse would mean nothing to them even though the odds are tremendously great that he is much better than who they have as a pitching consultant or coach.

coachbob

Banned
Apr 26, 2012
SoCal
Anything come of the SoCal clinics? DD's PC (L.A. County) told me early-on not to bother with much media, other than Hillhouse. I stumbled upon this thread googling Doug Finch because I picked up one of his young students. She drives a lloonngg way for her lessons; I was a little surprised to see she did the H.E., and wanted to find out how he got to teaching that and why. Anyway, I sure hope Bill comes out here; if you guys are putting a list together, count me in.

Jan 17, 2013
Texas
Coachbob, move along, nothing to see here. You guys don't need Bill, besides all these extra dates he booked caused him to skip February in Dallas. We can't be doing that anymore. :). You guys have plenty of pitching coaches, we have none in Texas......don't take our Bill!

coachbob

Banned
Apr 26, 2012
SoCal
Coachbob, move along, nothing to see here. You guys don't need Bill, besides all these extra dates he booked caused him to skip February in Dallas. We can't be doing that anymore. :). You guys have plenty of pitching coaches, we have none in Texas......don't take our Bill!

Hah, okay then.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA