Hillhouse Go Fund me for International Softball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 21, 2008
I hope the moderators will allow this on here, and everyone will contribute. I started a "go fund me" page today in hopes of doing more international softball coaching.

In the past, I have done clinics for the ISF and for myself in various parts of the world where the poverty is unspeakable. The kids there are just as enthusiastic as American kids, just as athletic but have zero coaching. It's sad. Softball Federations (in many cases) are corrupt, the head of the softball body is a political appointee (usually the prime minister's 2nd cousin or something) and softball gets zero funding. The ISF has an ongoing program where it ships old equipment to countries who cannot afford a softball, let alone a glove.

With the 2020 Olympics almost a sure thing, there is no doubt people in distant lands will have those Olympic dreams to. I would like to use as much time as possible to help softball programs worldwide. My offers of help to the International governing body have gone unanswered so I thought I'd try for myself. I have no dillusions of making South Africa (for example) into a world powerhouse in a matter of 5 years but, getting them started with a program that can develop pitchers and pitching coaches for all levels of play would be the next best thing. Countries like Hungary and Denmark solicit coaches every year to help their programs and they have no money to pay for them. Well, what if they didn't have to pay? What if they got a pitching coach willing to come help them for next to no cost thanks to this program? And who knows, it might open doors for your daughter to go play softball there one day when she's finished with school... I know most countries are starving for player coaches on club teams. But I'd like to get in with the development side and help the National teams be the best they can.

My GoFUNDME is: gofundme dot com/houseofpitching

I hope I can make this dream a reality while I still do my work here, helping to keep the USA as one of the best in the world.

Bill Hillhouse

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA