High school softball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
I agree with the time consumption of high school sports. Each of the student-athletes I have known (speaking in the past 8 to 10 years)
would have liked at least one weekday to have to catch up on school work. Instead of go to a practice that didn't produce much.
Need to back up my own comment by saying~
learning time management is an absolutely necessary skill set when it comes to Sports & College.

Jun 27, 2021
Concur. There are more excuses now then 30 years ago and more finger pointing.
Part of it is the machine of having to be recruited earlier and earlier. Yes, rules are in place but you know well before Sept 1st of your JR now if teams are interested. Best brutal honesty my daughters PC coach told her during the recruiting process was "if they don't call early, they're not interested"

Jun 8, 2016
Part of it is the machine of having to be recruited earlier and earlier. Yes, rules are in place but you know well before Sept 1st of your JR now if teams are interested. Best brutal honesty my daughters PC coach told her during the recruiting process was "if they don't call early, they're not interested"
What does that have to do with making sure you put your phone down for a sufficient enough time in order
to be able to get your schoolwork done (which is what his response to me was about)?

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
What age/year is your daughter when the pc said that?

Dec 11, 2010
p.o. box happens
Wouldn’t happen where I live.

Seems weird but the school district you leave and the parents from that school would drop a nuke on it.

Thats before the parents of the kid displaced from lineup at the new school got started.

Talking Magnum P.I. following you around type stuff.

Oct 4, 2018
I like what BB875 has to say. I would like to see softball start to trend that way. Where seven inning games are played. Where you don't play three and four games in a day. Where you play for the community / area you are from. Baseball is constructed like this in many states and I don't see less players heading off to college or the minor leagues because of it.

The current format for travel softball benefits the tournament organizers. Change the format and let the college coaches adjust.

I can totally understand (money) how travel ball got to where it is, with 5-6 games jammed into a day (money) and crazy schedules and travel and such (money).

There are days I long for the good ole' double-headed at the local rec field.

Jun 27, 2021
What age/year is your daughter when the pc said that?
Jr year right before 9/1 for 22’s. It was to help her drill down her schools of 30 at the time that she had been emailing since the no contact rule. Some she had low called early, some she had high called or didn’t. It was a reminder to not hold on and focus on those that want you at this moment.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KittyGoneWild