High School Softball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 20, 2015
illinois
Best thing I ever did was be AC coach for a couple of years. When you hear all that crap from the other side of the fence it gives you a new appreciation for what coaches & umpires deal with lol. I am a way better fan of the game now than before I coached.

Agree completely. After I was AC for a couple of years, and went back to just sitting in the stands, I don't question the coaches decisions any more. Parents sit in the stands and talk about the coaches and how they would do things different etc, and it drives me nuts. And I hate, hate, hate the parents that yell and question upmires every call.

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Figured I'd give you guys an update. We had our first practice today at school. I'm a little worried since we got a new coach and we're merging with two other schools. We got another head coach for our school. We're all competing for 10 starting slots since we had three schools merge. I have three girls competing behind me for the starter position at catcher. We have a bunch of newbies this year as well as last year's bunch. I'm hoping all goes well for us this season. I'll keep you guys in the loop.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
DD was finally released! She was released Monday and we went straight to her away game and beat the bus. She got a pinch hit AB against the varsity and popped up. Played the full game against their JV and went 1-3 with a double but smoked the ball all three AB's. No pain after playing CF and catching so hopefully our tourney this weekend will give her some more at bats to clear the rust.

They have gotten to 9-4 on the year and Monday beat one of the teams they will have to beat to get out of regionals this year. Hopefully its a good sign.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
So... does it make it any better that is was 75 degrees at first pitch last night in South Florida (and game 10 of the season)

Or it could be like our weather here. I have worn shorts to most of the games so far. Our tourney two weeks ago was no different. Shorts during the day and then an emergency trip to the closest store for a sweatshirt because it was freezing by the time we got to the semis.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krugersoftball