High school ball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
We will be heading down there this year as well. I am kinda dreading it. With the cost of going down there while putting back money for Colorado and PGF this year it will be tight. That's on top of Orlando for HS volleyball back on Labor Day and another trip down for the D9 in October.
We will be down there the week of March 12. Let me know if you'll be there the same week. With that schedule, I will buy you a hotdog to help curtail some expenses. :) I believe they do a tourney three consecutive weeks. Must be a huge fundraiser for their team.

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
We will be down there the week of March 12. Let me know if you'll be there the same week. With that schedule, I will buy you a hotdog to help curtail some expenses. :) I believe they do a tourney three consecutive weeks. Must be a huge fundraiser for their team.

I appreciate the offer but we are down there the 26th-29th. Somebody has to be making some good money off of all of these. The city alone is coming out good adding all of these softball teams on top of spring breakers plus they host a couple of college tourneys before this.

I really feel for you HS teams that only get twenty games a year. Here even our middle schools get that. But to be totally honest, there is an eighteen game count, but a tournament only counts as two. Post season tournaments do not count in that total either.

May 15, 2016
I really feel for you HS teams that only get twenty games a year. Here even our middle schools get that. But to be totally honest, there is an eighteen game count, but a tournament only counts as two. Post season tournaments do not count in that total either.

I am fine with that number of school games. My DDs play for school pride. The level of play is not much better than Little League with so few girls in our town on TB teams. It is my DDs TB games that are worth watching. I guess the school games give my DDs more innings of working together as a battery.

Must be nice to be where school games are actually worthwhile.

I am fine with that number of school games. My DDs play for school pride. The level of play is not much better than Little League with so few girls in our town on TB teams. It is my DDs TB games that are worth watching. I guess the school games give my DDs more innings of working together as a battery.

I came up through the ranks with my daughters, coached Little League, started a TB team (boy was that an eye-opener) then when I made a career change to become a public school educator I took on the MS program. Where I am, we have one MS and one HS in the county. There is alot of pride in the school teams, IF the players, parents and community believe the administration and coaches really care about the players and performance.
We play programs where the coaches change every two years, and where their HS programs refuse to help the MS. It is disheartening I know.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2010
Alabama

We are lucky to face decent competition in about 75% of our games. DD faced DI committed pitchers about 8 times last season and at least 8 other games were against girls committed at some level. We have some programs around us that take softball very seriously but she is also lucky that there is a a lot of talent in the grades around her in our area.

May 15, 2016
We are lucky to face decent competition in about 75% of our games. DD faced DI committed pitchers about 8 times last season and at least 8 other games were against girls committed at some level. We have some programs around us that take softball very seriously but she is also lucky that there is a a lot of talent in the grades around her in our area.

Sounds really nice.

Feb 27, 2017
We start tryouts jan 29 and SC you can play 18 games with 4 scrimmage and play 2 tourneys with a Jamboree. I wish they would move softball to the fall. And move Volleyball to spring. But thats just me.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414