High School Ball Drama

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 24, 2010
Mississippi
Let me share the other side of the coin. DD#1 plays TB and HS ball. DD loves her HS coach (as do I). DD (freshman), was passed over for a starting spot at the beginning of the year. Not because of politics, or favorites, or the coach's buddy's DD. No, she was passed over bc she went through a hitting slump, lost her confidence and the other girl was simply hitting better.

I've always told DD the 2 ways to handle this...1) pout and give up. 2) work your butt off to get what you want. DD started working harder on her swing. Focused more. Then made so much noise in the hitting cage (contact, not screaming :D ), everyone, including the coached took notice. She won the starting spot and is working her way up the lineup.

The HS coach pushes the girls hard, but is quick to give them complements. Want to blame someone other than yourself for your mistakes? It's not going to go well for the girl. Coach works with the girls year round as much as the rules allow. He lives close to the school, and has never once denied to come over to the school to open the indoor hitting building up. If your kid is late for school, he calls a parent. If they are sick, he's going to check on them. He tells their teachers to let him know of any issues going on.

Sure, there are some bickering going on, but nothing major. Do I agree with everything he does? Nope, but I'm glad to have my DD playing for him.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd