High Level Throwing - New Articles!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 18, 2010
Guys I think this guys stuff is the best out there..5o bucks is nothing for what you get here. My goodness did he hit home with his throwing stuff, I have argued for years against this L drill crap and this wrist flick crap, I have played the game so long I have a great eye for whats right and I know l drills and wrist flicks are not the ticket, I just wasn't able to back it up with details like Austin has done! I think he has a little bit of explaining to do in a few areas but I will email him with suggestions! He is quick to respond also, you would be crazy not to get this!

I agree the material is good. What drives me crazy is he only posts here to drive sales. If you read the thread several posted followup questions that were never responded to.

Jan 3, 2014
I just bought it and read through it from beginning to end while I watch the Ducks play Florida. I watched most of the videos and I like what I see. "You must create resistance in a throw in order to create velocity." There's specific discussion about the difference between the throwing motions for various positions, outfield, infield, pitcher, catcher.... If you don't have any background in human anatomy or medicine some of it will have to be read a couple times. (No more technical than the hitting forum here though.) I'm going to incorporate this work with both my young catchers. Both of them are in a regular strength program and I'm happy to say most of the things I learned when I read the E-Book seem to be happening where they train. If nothing else, it re-affirmed my admiration of the work they are doing already. I was interested to read that the "average" college overhand throw velocity in softball is only 58-59 MPH. This seems low to me. Perhaps my expectations are inflated from reading about this stuff on the Internet. :D I assume though, that most catchers would have "above average" velocity to be successful.

Finally, most of the discussion about resistance seems to be directly related to a high level swing. It's the same language being used. I think it's worth the $50. There's a lot of detailed information, there to help you understand what's going on with a high level throwing motion. But, the drills themselves seem pretty simple to incorporate. I like it.

Oct 10, 2011
I think the NFCA had 56-58 as the average speed listed this summer. DD'S former TB coach said he liked his players to be at least at 56 (a D3 coach)

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
I just bought it and read through it from beginning to end while I watch the Ducks play Florida. I watched most of the videos and I like what I see. "You must create resistance in a throw in order to create velocity." There's specific discussion about the difference between the throwing motions for various positions, outfield, infield, pitcher, catcher.... If you don't have any background in human anatomy or medicine some of it will have to be read a couple times. (No more technical than the hitting forum here though.) I'm going to incorporate this work with both my young catchers. Both of them are in a regular strength program and I'm happy to say most of the things I learned when I read the E-Book seem to be happening where they train. If nothing else, it re-affirmed my admiration of the work they are doing already. I was interested to read that the "average" college overhand throw velocity in softball is only 58-59 MPH. This seems low to me. Perhaps my expectations are inflated from reading about this stuff on the Internet. :D I assume though, that most catchers would have "above average" velocity to be successful.

Finally, most of the discussion about resistance seems to be directly related to a high level swing. It's the same language being used. I think it's worth the $50. There's a lot of detailed information, there to help you understand what's going on with a high level throwing motion. But, the drills themselves seem pretty simple to incorporate. I like it.

Resistance
harperrearleg_zps06405e52.gif

harperarm_zpsc929f520.gif

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OAFSoftballMom#1