High knee kift

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
giphy.gif

Yeah , from the belt down , for starters 'elite' on the left not 'elite' on the right.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
The real question in regards to shift then swing thoughts should be does the weight shift across the pelvis before go.. If the hitter is able to keep from transferring across the pelvis for all pitches then the shift and swing is a non issue.

wF6qcmF.gif

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
The real question in regards to shift then swing thoughts should be does the weight shift across the pelvis before go.. If the hitter is able to keep from transferring across the pelvis for all pitches then the shift and swing is a non issue.

wF6qcmF.gif

Ok, then where is the hitter on the right weight. I'm going to say on his front leg.
Probably why he is able to drag the weightless rear leg....
giphy.gif

Also, a good example of a 2 legged hitter on the right.
Also a good example of not using his core on the right.

Last edited:
Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
The kid has "it", it being the launch position transfer or the change of direction, or overlap. That is why I said he has an elite swing, because I first saw this swing about 18 years ago. And at the time we all had dial up and you had to wait for the gif to upload one frame at a time. And as the frames and swing unfolded I knew it was a good swing for a kid.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
giphy.gif

Yeah , from the belt down , for starters 'elite' on the left not 'elite' on the right.

... as well as from the belt up.

Is there something about the belt that folks wish to point out?

During the high knee lift, the pro's belt stay's at the same height, while the amateur's belt line is different.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
The kid has "it", it being the launch position transfer or the change of direction, or overlap. That is why I said he has an elite swing, because I first saw this swing about 18 years ago. And at the time we all had dial up and you had to wait for the gif to upload one frame at a time. And as the frames and swing unfolded I knew it was a good swing for a kid.

The kid has "it"? The kid is making a big mistake. I am interested in this belt-line discussion. I expected to read about the core ... instead we've seem comments below the belt-line ... but what is happening above the belt-line is key.

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
... as well as from the belt up.

Is there something about the belt that folks wish to point out?

During the high knee lift, the pro's belt stay's at the same height, while the amateur's belt line is different.

Bold above is what I noticed. The amateur's front hip raises too much, in my opinion.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
giphy.gif

One hitter gets 'sat' and slides off of the bar stole. The other stays tall and 'jumps' off of the bar stole. I already pointed out that one is 2 legged.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles