Here is a nice article on Taryne Mowatt

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 27, 2008
Unfortunately for Taryne, she was unable to regain her college form and has recently been released by the Chicago Bandits. She had very limited innings with little success at the professional level (14 IP, 8 ER, 16 BB, 4.00 ERA). When she was traded to Chicago, the Bandits used her photogenic beauty and college record to mount a significant media campaign. My guess is that that had to make her lack of success much harder on her given the expectations. My guess (and hope) is that she does very well in the phase of her life.

Kristina (Thorson) on the other hand, is doing well despite dealing with significant injuries. With a 8 - 3 overall record, she has a 4 - 0 record against the Bandits who traded her to Akron after the 2010 season. I do believe the Racers got the better end of the deal.

Feb 26, 2010
Crazyville IL
Lozza, That is exactly straight out of 'A League of Their own'. That photo is from the home opener in June. They had 5 or 6 ladies who played in that league as special guests and did a tribute thing for them as pioneers of women athletes who helped open doors for womens sports and helped us down the road to where we are today. It was pretty neat and a fun game to be at.

It was an exibition game against an ASA 23u team from our area. About half the girls on that team came out of our travel org and high school program, the coach was our high school coach until last year. It was fun to watch them play against the pro's even if they did get thier butts handed to them.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sterp