Help with swing

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 11, 2015
No problem. Would you like to clarify when you believe the hitter should be taught to lateral bend (or tilt)...or if it's not a teach?

Btw, just for further clarification, I believe the "lower body's rotational movement (rear hip) [is] in the direction towards" the anticipated/read location of incoming pitch, and the pitcher is well out of the equation by then.

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
No problem. Would you like to clarify when you believe the hitter should be taught to lateral bend (or tilt)...or if it's not a teach?

Btw, just for further clarification, I believe the "lower body's rotational movement (rear hip) [is] in the direction towards" the anticipated/read location of incoming pitch, and the pitcher is well out of the equation by then.

IMO a hitter should learn about lateral bend early on in their swing development.

Anyone attempting to promote "hips ahead of shoulders" should not be ignoring lateral tilt IMO.

Apr 11, 2015
IMO a hitter should learn about lateral bend early on in their swing development.

Anyone attempting to promote "hips ahead of shoulders" should not be ignoring lateral tilt IMO.
Not sure what that actually means, and can't say I've ever heard anyone "promote "hips ahead of shoulders"", but OK.

May 3, 2014
For those reading along: If you are tilting in the rear hip joint you are laterally tilting. You don't need to teach lateral tilt / lateral bend. Get the rear leg working underneath you as you keep the hands back via scap resistance and you end up tilting. Do some self toss trying to hit high fly balls and you figure this out. Throw bats as high as you can into air or into the top of the cage...

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Lateral tilt is more than just tilting the rear hip joint. There is lateral side bend taking place in the core. It is the combination of the lower body rotation, along with the lateral side bend, that has the hips leading the shoulders at the start of the swing (in a rotational sense).

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
It's a unified core movement (including lateral tilt ) triggered by a core pulse.

CzZ8Szg.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcworthSoftballMom