Help with Hitting- Lefty Power hitter

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2008
Arm precision in relation to the rotating core, torso, shoulders what have you is also necessary.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
Ian - don't take this the wrong way. But, if you are using your core correctly there is no way the hands lag behind.

For example - a hitter may be using the torso to turn really fast so the appearance is that they are using their core - but in reality they are just turning all of their muscles in one direction and yes the hands can and will be left behind.

The core works more in terms of resistance - one batch of muscles are pulling in one direction while another batch is working in another direction.

Thanks butter. I surely need more knowledge in this area.

ian

Jun 11, 2015
That's where athleticism and vision take over.

Can you shoot me a link or is there a sticky somewhere that will school me up on the which core muscles are pushing pullin and resisting? Also and workouts or drills that you know of to help build these muscle groups? Thanks butter.

May 3, 2014
Can you shoot me a link or is there a sticky somewhere that will school me up on the which core muscles are pushing pullin and resisting? Also and workouts or drills that you know of to help build these muscle groups? Thanks butter.

I always start with basic front and side planks. When you do them for the first time you will be introduced to muscles you never knew existed. But, you have to start with building basic core strength and stability. You will be surprised when you discover that you can move under so much more control when your develop your core.

Jan 22, 2016
I always start with basic front and side planks. When you do them for the first time you will be introduced to muscles you never knew existed. But, you have to start with building basic core strength and stability. You will be surprised when you discover that you can move under so much more control when your develop your core.

Do you introduce a bat at some point?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdwingnut