Help the British National team compete in the ISF Worlds

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
Receive the message below from Bobby Simpson today and wanted to pass it along. The message is pretty much self-explanatory but I wanted to add a few thoughts anyway. Just call me Mike Brady.

The US isn't the only country who is suffering with the IOC's decision to remove softball from the Olympics. As you'll see, that action has caused the removal of funding for the British National team, which means that despite qualifying for the ISF Worlds in the summer of 2010, they won't be able to attend unless they get some help. That would be a shame, especially as we claim that softball is world sport, not just a US sport.

I've never been real big on those petition that go around, although I do sign them too. But they're pretty easy to ignore, as the IOC does. But participating in this vote has the potential to actually result in something. I just did it and it took about two minutes.

One little trick once you get there: if you have a Facebook account you don't have to sign up for anything else. You can just use that login to get to the actual voting area.

Without further ado, here's the message. Please take the time to help the Brits participate on the International stage.

During 2001-2004, I was honored to serve as the Head Coach of the British Women's National Team. This past summer, they qualified for the 2010 ISF World Championships, but they receive no public funding since softball has been deleted from the Olympics and it is VERY difficult to raise the type funds that they will need. They have entered a British Airways program and have been shortlisted to possibly receive 16 free flights. They need your help. Please read the item below from Bob Fromer, a man who has truly given his heart to helping this program for many. many years. Then, PLEASE VOTE NOW (contest ends in about a week) and notify others so they can help. These are very deserving people and this could make the difference for them. THANKS for your help. Bobby Simpson

YOUR ONLINE VOTE CAN HELP THE GREAT BRITAIN WOMEN'S
SOFTBALL TEAM GET TO THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS!

The Great Britain Women's Fastpitch Softball Team earned a place in the 2010 Softball World Championships by finishing second in European Championships this past summer, the team's highest-ever European placing.

But the team receives no public funding because softball is no longer an Olympic sport. Players and staff had to pay their own way to compete for their country at the European Championships, but the cost of competing in the World Championships, which will probably be held in North America, is beyond what the players and their families can afford. So the team has entered a British Airways contest called “Great Britons”, where the prize could be 16 desperately-needed free flights that can get the players and staff to the World Championships. Now the team has now been shortlisted along with seven other entries, and the winner will be determined by public vote.

So please go online to
http://www.greatbritons.ba.com/shortlists and cast your vote for the GB Women's Team entry submitted by first base player MORGAN PARKERSON.

Just click on Morgan's name on the Judges' Shortlist and then hit the VOTE NOW button under Morgan's photo. You'll need to do a quick registration, and then you can vote. And then please get everyone you know and everyone you can reach by way of Facebook, MySpace, Twitter etc to vote as well!

Winning this contest could make all the difference between the GB Women's Softball Team being able to go to the World Championships and having to turn down its place.

Thanks very much for your help!

Bob Fromer
GB Softball Team Manager

More...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish