Help me with this one please.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 9, 2014
Umatilla, Florida
I have permission from mom to post this video. This is pitcher from TB team, she's young she's had a few lessons but her PC moved and she's looking for a new PC. I'm wondering from you guys what you think would be the most important thing you think she needs to work on?

https://www.coachseye.com/v/Dhar

I can get more video tonight.

I hate tacos- said no Juan anywhere

Last edited:
Jul 17, 2012
I have permission from mom to post this video. This is pitcher from TB team, she's young she's had a few lessons but her PC moved and she's looking for a new PC. I'm wondering from you guys what you think would be the most important thing you think she needs to work on?

I can get more video tonight.

I see absolutely nothing wrong with it....oh, wait... i see absolutely nothing.... ;)

Did you forget something?

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
There are several things....

Disconnection at the waist at release
She's trying to get around to push the ball after 12:00

I think she should focus on good, upright poster at release and brush-assisted arm-whip. Of course, that includes leading with the elbow and palm upward down the back side. She's young, so go slow with these changes.

Jun 22, 2008
I realize it is just practice pitching, but the step back is illegal in every rule set except high school. The stride foot must remain in contact with the pitching plate prior to the step forward.

May 9, 2014
Umatilla, Florida
There are several things....

Disconnection at the waist at release
She's trying to get around to push the ball after 12:00

I think she should focus on good, upright poster at release and brush-assisted arm-whip. Of course, that includes leading with the elbow and palm upward down the back side. She's young, so go slow with these changes.

That's where I was thinking of starting, working in the lock it in and 9:00 drill into her warm up, if her and her and mom are ok with it. I was going to have my dd explain and demo them, which will help my dd also. And I'll just stay out of it

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
Agree with Doug on the waist bend toward the end. She should deliver from a more athletic position.

One other thing I see is there isn't a lot of push from her right leg. Watch how she finishes - it comes forward a little and then stops, which tells me she's focusing too much on her upper body to provide power. The back leg should come up smoothly into the front leg, with little or no conscious effort. In fact, it should almost be stopped by the front leg.

Lots of good stuff to work with here, though. Many of the fundamentals are there.

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
I was going to have my dd explain and demo them

Well, you are the nut like the rest of us who yearn for good information. Make sure your DD gives correct information as she explains. Heck, we know there are elite pitchers who can't accurately explain what they actually do.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KittyGoneWild