Have you seen this new pitching trainer?!?!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
That would be fun. It looks like they are going to need a youth model. The one in the video appears to be too high of strike zone, for my students.

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
Personally, I don't like a lot of gadgets. When we pitch in a batting cage, and it's just me and the pitcher, I'll either catch for them or I'll have a thick white rope outlining the strike-zone and have them use that as their focus while I stand at the side and point out areas to adjust.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I love gadgets and if this gets a kid throwing more, it is great. I wonder how quickly, they would tire of it? I guess it has it's purpose in a softball facility.

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
I love gadgets and if this gets a kid throwing more, it is great. I wonder how quickly, they would tire of it? I guess it has it's purpose in a softball facility.

I get concerned with the amount of money thrown at this thing and at that gadget relative to how much the things are used. Of course, that is not to say that there aren't any gadgets out there that are worth the money. I just think they are few and far between in terms of actual benefit versus cost.

Oct 22, 2009
I'm with Amy, I love gadgets, I have tons! My students like them too. I mix them up and bring different ones out from time to time and they like it.

This one is a bit high on the price range, I can see using it in a facility, home use I guess if you're ready to spend the money. I'm certainly not lugging it to practice.

coachbob

Banned
Apr 26, 2012
SoCal
I have added this to a shopping cart more than once but haven't pull the trigger yet. A PC who sells them online swears they are great at keeping the students engaged during solo practice.

Aug 20, 2013
I agree with all of the above. DD is only 9 and not "super" committed yet to pitching so this would not be a purchase for us at all, but I thought it would be awesome if the facility we go to had one. Hmmmm maybe this is one for the suggestion box.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texas Red