Hands away from body

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I like what Mankin has to say about the hip/shoulder/bat lag. He suggested that you focus on the barrel arcing throughout the entire swing/arc, supplying energy to the barrel or TTB immediately. Although, there is some natural lag in overcoming a body at rest. So the barrel is at rest (somewhat) and the act of overcoming this create lag between the hip/shoulder/barrel.

I wasn’t around when Mankin was en vogue so I can’t speak on his theories. But I am of the belief that the hands control the swing from the get go, which starts the sequence and finishes the sequence. While a leveraging core aided by dynamic balance of the COM makes for an elite level swing pattern.

Is that inline with Mankins beliefs?

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
I wasn’t around when Mankin was en vogue so I can’t speak on his theories. But I am of the belief that the hands control the swing from the get go, which starts the sequence and finishes the sequence. While a leveraging core aided by dynamic balance of the COM makes for an elite level swing pattern.

Is that inline with Mankins beliefs?

I think Mankin would agree with trying to snap the bat between the hands in the swing.

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
Sorry..what was it in that clip that went against something you said?

Post 11. When I stated the hands start the sequence ie negative move/load. DL is definitely trying to get Manny to feel his legs start him and the hands will sync. Actually it feels almost synced to me, but the legs do ‘more’ if you get my drift.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Hands even farther back,

giphy.gif

Nov 18, 2015
Shawn - Is that a clip of Frank Robinson? Interesting on several levels if it is - he only played one year with them (1972), and it looks like he's in a local park or HS field (the bleachers), but he's still in full Dodgers uniform. I've never been in Dodgers stadium - don't know what the practice field situation would have been like 40 years ago...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles