Haley

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2016
I can't stress this enough... make sure you enjoy the ride. On a personal note both my DD's are finished ball, what an awesome ride it was.. but the years flew by. On a more tragic note, a childhood friend of mine passed away in his sleep two nights ago unexpectedly(47 years old). I never spoke to him in over 20 years.. so we grew apart. Anyway, my apologies...My point being you just never know what's around the corner, enjoy the time you have with your loved ones around you.

I'm living vicariously through all the other dads/moms right now and the precious experiences they have. I might just have to take up coaching again and live it myself :)

Sorry for getting all sentimental.. back to your topic Mike and thanks for continuing to post the journey with Haley (y)

Jun 8, 2016
That why it’s not the gold one ☝ as you wish

BTW I got the feeling your helping her on a lot of different things beside hitting But your gonna have to wait Several years to see it. I know telling you to be patient and enjoy the ride sounds like and old Bee Gees song but try and hv fun.
Enjoying things isn't one of my talents... 😉

May 16, 2019
Julray, sorry for you loss my friend. The contribution and observation of yours and others are appreciated.

Eric's right! He's proof of let your kid show you how to hv fun. When the 3 of us get together, it's not your typical hitting lesson. Maddie's going on about my play list or her newest pair of tennis shoes she has that I commented on. Eric and i will get in to the latest twitter war until Maddie reminds us we promised not to talk about it..... but we manage to get some hitting in. Good times.

In my case it was my granddaughter that reminded me of why we do this. I work with Audrey and she is a very driven 10yr old that my granddaughter asked to meet. My granddaughter asked me if she was as good as Audrey and I told her no because Audrey is more serious than you and works a lot more than you. I'm thinking I'm giving her a life lesson moment. So Kayden. asked, eventhough she's better than me. Is she having fun doing it? Life lesson alright. Audrey comes for her lesson and the 1st thing I tell her is today were going to have some fun, it was great lesson for both of us.... and it was...

Because of covid Audrey is now doing on line lesson with john salgado

Jun 8, 2016
Julray, sorry for you loss my friend. The contribution and observation of yours and others are appreciated.

Eric's right! He's proof of let your kid show you how to hv fun. When the 3 of us get together, it's not your typical hitting lesson. Maddie's going on about my play list or her newest pair of tennis shoes she has that I commented on. Eric and i will get in to the latest twitter war until Maddie reminds us we promised not to talk about it..... but we manage to get some hitting in. Good times.

In my case it was my granddaughter that reminded me of why we do this. I work with Audrey and she is a very driven 10yr old that my granddaughter asked to meet. My granddaughter asked me if she was as good as Audrey and I told her no because Audrey is more serious than you and works a lot more than you. I'm thinking I'm giving her a life lesson moment. So Kayden. asked, eventhough she's better than me. Is she having fun doing it? Life lesson alright. Audrey comes for her lesson and the 1st thing I tell her is today were going to have some fun, it was great lesson for both of us.... and it was...

Because of covid Audrey is now doing on line lesson with john salgado
Yeah I have seen Audrey, her dad is very fond of posting her on twitter.

Aug 20, 2017
I can't stress this enough... make sure you enjoy the ride. On a personal note both my DD's are finished ball, what an awesome ride it was.. but the years flew by. On a more tragic note, a childhood friend of mine passed away in his sleep two nights ago unexpectedly(47 years old). I never spoke to him in over 20 years.. so we grew apart. Anyway, my apologies...My point being you just never know what's around the corner, enjoy the time you have with your loved ones around you.

I'm living vicariously through all the other dads/moms right now and the precious experiences they have. I might just have to take up coaching again and live it myself :)

Sorry for getting all sentimental.. back to your topic Mike and thanks for continuing to post the journey with Haley (y)
Jul...folks like you are needed in softball! You’ve got so much to give to the game and the players you would have. I want to encourage you to join an organization and coach a team. Your advice is always sound and simple. You have a good eye. I coach, my dd is 12 so I’ve got many more years. When she’s done with ball I can’t fathom that I will be done with ball. This game keeps you young mentally and physically. I’m in MS and we need a 12U coach right now lol! I guarantee there is an organization close to you that needs your services! Our game needs more like you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles