Haley’s HLP lesson with Richard

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 19, 2009
Southern California
The biggest heartbreak about devoting so much time into the "perfect swing" comes when a person realizes that the swing is just a tiny component of hitting. Its what turns batters into hitters

Internet arguments about swings never comes from hitters
This is a 2 step approach
1. Learning how to swing
2. learning how to hit with this swing.

You learn to be quicker with this swing and then you have to learn to let the ball deeper in to your hitting zone. Old habits, sometimes die hard.

Jun 8, 2016
This is a 2 step approach
1. Learning how to swing
2. learning how to hit with this swing.

You learn to be quicker with this swing and then you have to learn to let the ball deeper in to your hitting zone. Old habits, sometimes die hard.
Hope you are not contradicting him...obviously he was a “hitter” and they don’t argue...

Mar 19, 2009
Southern California
Thanks for posting this Mike. It’s pretty interesting.

your welcome, I’ve wanted to do it for a long time but I felt like I was still sorting thing out myself. This was a way to do it in Richard’s words and in the order he teaches it.

I also realized, this is a specific way of hitting, no apology or defense is necessary. If you want to swing this way then do all you can to learn it. If you chose another way , that’s fine to learn all you can about that way.

Dec 11, 2010
When I hear him explain it, it makes a lot of sense. I especially like the plate coverage info. I think plate coverage is one thing that is misunderstood by a lot of people.

Mar 19, 2009
Southern California
When I hear him explain it, it makes a lot of sense. I especially like the plate coverage info. I think plate coverage is one thing that is misunderstood by a lot of people.

That was one of the reasons I looked in to this way of hitting. I knew plate coverage and the front shoulder was a big issue with a lot of hitters. The rear hip turning early in the sequence causes the shoulders to rotate .

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA