Haley’s HLP lesson with Richard

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Just read this in an Alexander Technique book I’m reading,

Why, in any attempt to make necessary changes in himself, man would need to do what feels wrong in order to be right,

Mar 19, 2009
Southern California
I have no idea who Richard is, but he gets it

There’s probably more ways to teach hitting as there are stars in the sky. The hang up is when people are teaching their way and it doesn’t line up with this way. That’s ok, but quit trying to put a square peg in a round hole. This is taught and executed different than other swings.

It took me years to realize that people who are just as passionate about their swings and correct about the mechanics of it. If we want to have a conversation about the way you teach by all means or if you teach the HLP and see where I could improve, I welcome those comments as well.

May 23, 2015
There’s probably more ways to teach hitting as there are stars in the sky. The hang up is when people are teaching their way and it doesn’t line up with this way. That’s ok, but quit trying to put a square peg in a round hole. This is taught and executed different than other swings.

It took me years to realize that people who are just as passionate about their swings and correct about the mechanics of it. If we want to have a conversation about the way you teach by all means or if you teach the HLP and see where I could improve, I welcome those comments as well.
The biggest heartbreak about devoting so much time into the "perfect swing" comes when a person realizes that the swing is just a tiny component of hitting. Its what turns batters into hitters

Internet arguments about swings never comes from hitters

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA