Guess I'll start an off-topic thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
1- I listen to mostly 90's country music. Favorite bands are Marshall Tucker Band, Gary Allan, and Montgomery Gentry. I have a Aaron Tippin CD in the truck currently.

2- Not a big movie.

3- Miller Lite, Coors Lite

4- Da Bears

5- Bass fishing. I got a really nice bass boat sitting in the garage. Barely gets used anymore. You reminded me I should just sell that money pit. Before the kids I used to fish 100 days per year.

6- Favorite sports moment. Scottie Pippen dunking on Patrick Ewing

Back when basketball was extremely fun to watch!

Oct 27, 2017
#1. What ya listening to right now, favorite music? Classic Rock Favorite, bands, musicians? Queen, Rush, Led Zeppelin

#2. What's your favorite movie? A movie that'll stop you in your tracks when you're channel surfing? Pulp Fiction or The Replacements

#3. Favorite go to beer? Bud Select

#4. Favorite sports team? Any sport. FSU - Go Noles

#5. Other hobbies, interests besides fastpitch? Gloves, knives, firearms? Jeeps, Boating, Tennis

#6 Name the first iconic sports moment that comes to mind? Hank Arron's 715th Home Run

sjw62000

just cleaning the dugout
Sep 1, 2018
North Carolina
Gibby's one-legged HR, Jordan's flu (food poisoning) game; I will add one more, Dorsett's 99 1/2 yard run against Minnesota. I remember each of these things happening and I remember somehow knowing I was lucky enough to witness something historic.

However, in the spirit of DFP, as I reflect now, it is amazing to me how these things pale in comparison when we (all of us, or we wouldn't be here) watch DD rip one down the 3B line to drive in a winning run, catch the final out in CF to win the game, come up throwing on the lead-off batter, get her by a step and close out a tournament, or dig deep to get the final strike during an 8 pitch at-bat.

I'm done waxing my love of fast-pitch and will close will echo with a final iconic moment: Nolan Ryan feeding Robin Ventura a couple quick ones when Ventura charged the mound.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I'm done waxing my love of fast-pitch and will close will echo with a final iconic moment: Nolan Ryan feeding Robin Ventura a couple quick ones when Ventura charged the mound.
Yep, that's a great one! And.......Nolan taking a line drive back in the mouth from Bo Jackson and kept pitching like a Boss, bloody mouth and jersey, old school balls and grit!

May 24, 2013
So Cal
#1. What ya listening to right now, favorite music? Favorite, bands, musicians?
It totally varies on my mood... Probably my all-time favorite is Foo Fighters...or Metallica. I also really enjoy blues, new country, alt-country, 90's metal and grunge, and lots of other stuff. Not really big on jazz or classical. Most current rap makes me highly irritated.

#2. What's your favorite movie? A movie that'll stop you in your tracks when you're channel surfing?
Bull Durham, Princess Bride, Forrest Gump, Tombstone, Almost Famous, That Thing You Do, Good Will Hunting, Cadillac Records, The Blind Side...

#3. Not a big drinker but.............favorite go to beer?
Lover of beer, wine, and whiskey. Top of the beer list right now...Deschuttes Fresh Squeezed IPA.

#4. Favorite sports team? Any sport.
LA Dodgers and LA Kings.

#5. Other hobbies, interests besides fastpitch? Gloves, knives, firearms? ;) Guess I just answered that one!
Music (guitar, bass, recording), vinyl records, cycling, cooking...

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
#1. What ya listening to right now, favorite music? Favorite, bands, musicians?
It totally varies on my mood... Probably my all-time favorite is Foo Fighters...or Metallica. I also really enjoy blues, new country, alt-country, 90's metal and grunge, and lots of other stuff. Not really big on jazz or classical. Most current rap makes me highly irritated.

#2. What's your favorite movie? A movie that'll stop you in your tracks when you're channel surfing?
Bull Durham, Princess Bride, Forrest Gump, Tombstone, Almost Famous, That Thing You Do, Good Will Hunting, Cadillac Records, The Blind Side...

#3. Not a big drinker but.............favorite go to beer?
Lover of beer, wine, and whiskey. Top of the beer list right now...Deschuttes Fresh Squeezed IPA.

#4. Favorite sports team? Any sport.
LA Dodgers and LA Kings.

#5. Other hobbies, interests besides fastpitch? Gloves, knives, firearms? ;) Guess I just answered that one!
Music (guitar, bass, recording), vinyl records, cycling, cooking...

Don’t stop, this thread was your idea, I just started it! Think I’ve had two different sixers of Deschutes Fresh Squeezed, excellent IPA!!

What kind cycling? I’m going to start back mountain biking soon, I live 10/12 miles from the National White Water Center in Charlotte, I used to ride there 2/3 times a week. Then softball sorta happened!

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
#1 - Now - Atom Heart Mother by Pink Floyd
#2 - Movie - there are a lot but I'll go with Monty Python's Holy Grail
#3 - Beer - umm yes?!?!? - IPA fan but will go with whatever is on sale between Sierra, Stone, Lagunitas, Firestone Walker or Bear Republic. but favorite though quite pricey so don't get often is a Belgian Ale called Piraat
#4 - New York Yankees
#5 - You mean besides softball? Clash of Clans is a particular addiction of mine.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Don’t stop, this thread was your idea, I just started it! Think I’ve had two different sixers of Deschutes Fresh Squeezed, excellent IPA!!

What kind cycling? I’m going to start back mountain biking soon, I live 10/12 miles from the National White Water Center in Charlotte, I used to ride there 2/3 times a week. Then softball sorta happened!

My idea was a separate section of the forum for OT ;)

I also love the Deschutes Fresh Haze - juicy! It's a good time to be a beer drinker. So much good stuff available right now.

I started riding MTBs in the early '90s, and started racing a couple years later. After a broken collarbone, I started riding on the road more, and that evolved into racing, too. In '04, I won a State Champ title (finished 2nd the year before), and shortly after, I hung it up. Maddie was born the same year, and I realized that continuing to race - and the time required to train at that level - wasn't compatible with being the kind of dad I wanted to be.

In '04, I got into playing music (a hobby that I could do at home - mostly), and that evolved into playing in a couple of rock and blues bands, and doing some recording in my garage. When Maddie made her first all-star team, I pulled the plug on being a member of a performing band, and focused on helping her be the kind of player she wanted to be. That's how I got here.

When Maddie is off to college, I might return to playing music with other people. I miss it. I don't know about the bike. Looking at my body, I probably should.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA