Guess I'll start an off-topic thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
My idea was a separate section of the forum for OT ;)

I also love the Deschutes Fresh Haze - juicy! It's a good time to be a beer drinker. So much good stuff available right now.

I started riding MTBs in the early '90s, and started racing a couple years later. After a broken collarbone, I started riding on the road more, and that evolved into racing, too. In '04, I won a State Champ title (finished 2nd the year before), and shortly after, I hung it up. Maddie was born the same year, and I realized that continuing to race - and the time required to train at that level - wasn't compatible with being the kind of dad I wanted to be.

In '04, I got into playing music (a hobby that I could do at home - mostly), and that evolved into playing in a couple of rock and blues bands, and doing some recording in my garage. When Maddie made her first all-star team, I pulled the plug on being a member of a performing band, and focused on helping her be the kind of player she wanted to be. That's how I got here.

When Maddie is off to college, I might return to playing music with other people. I miss it. I don't know about the bike. Looking at my body, I probably should.
Haha, yeah I’m with you on the body thing these days! Great post Eric!

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
Per. Eric F's earlier request several weeks back..............................

#1. What ya listening to right now, favorite music? Favorite, bands, musicians? Whatever happens to be on Hair Nation or Ozzy's Boneyard. All time favorite band is Queensryche. Best concerts I have been to have been Metallica, Scorpions, and the original Van Halen. Band I regret not seeing is Iron Maiden. I was a huge fan growing up and just never had the opportunity.

#2. What's your favorite movie? A movie that'll stop you in your tracks when you're channel surfing? Not a big movie fan. But I do like sci-fi. If there is a Star Trek movie on, I will typically stop and watch. However, if Star Wars is on, I will change the channel as quickly as possible.

#3. Not a big drinker but.............favorite go to beer? I don't drink much, but if I do, I prefer Mike's Hard Lemonade. I do have some Yuengling and Land Shark in the refrigerator right now and will grab one once in a while.

#4. Favorite sports team? Any sport. Dallas Cowboys. Period....

#5. Other hobbies, interests besides fastpitch? Gloves, knives, firearms? ;) Guess I just answered that one! Not much. Once DD's softball career is over, I am considering taking up golf. I have dabbled over the years. For now, I just enjoy spending time with my family. DD is home from college for the summer, so the ideal night would be hanging by our pool with a beverage or two, a fire, and some Florida - Georgia Line in the background.

Feel free to ask any other questions, that was just 5 quick ones. And please Lord, let this one veer off the rails!

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Hey FP26, I actually saw Iron Maiden in the 11th or 12th grade, can’t remember. Seriously, I can’t remember! Heard it was a great show.........

Fair Warning was the first Van Halen tour I saw. I thought “one foot out the door” was the coolest song I’d ever heard at the time! That band in those years was pure entertainment!

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2010
I saw Iron Maiden and Blackfoot in the early 80’s. Kind of a strange combination, lol

Some dude tried to hit my buddy in the head with a beer bottle. Think we were sophomores in high school.

Saw the original VH in Rockford Illinois on the “1984” tour. Somehow we convinced our parents it was ok to drive a couple hours and stay 4 or 5 deep in a hotel room overnight. I was 14 or 15. I then saw them with Sammy a couple times on the 5150 tour.

I regret not going to see Motley Crue or Ac/Dc. What a dumb move. Also should have gone to the first few Lalapaloozas. I missed so many chances to see great performers.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
I saw Iron Maiden and Blackfoot in the early 80’s. Kind of a strange combination, lol

Some dude tried to hit my buddy in the head with a beer bottle. Think we were sophomores in high school.

Saw the original VH in Rockford Illinois on the “1984” tour. Somehow we convinced our parents it was ok to drive a couple hours and stay 4 or 5 deep in a hotel room overnight. I was 14 or 15. I then saw them with Sammy a couple times on the 5150 tour.

I regret not going to see Motley Crue or Ac/Dc. What a dumb move. Also should have gone to the first few Lalapaloozas. I missed so many chances to see great performers.
I saw most of the bands in the 80’s & 90’s that was worth seeing, BUT, I never saw AC/DC or ZZ Top, hate I never saw those two! But the one I miss not seeing the most is Soundgarden!

Dec 11, 2010
Here’s how old I am: I saw the original REO Speedwagon a couple times. They were good.

I was not a fan of Fleetwood Mac until my wife dragged me to see them. My God, “Go Your Own Way” was good. Gives me chills to this day.

Saw Metallica once. It almost scared me. The whole fricking crowd chanted every lyric. Have never seen anything like it. It was incredible!

Dec 11, 2010
I saw most of the bands in the 80’s & 90’s that was worth seeing, BUT, I never saw AC/DC or ZZ Top, hate I never saw those two! But the one I miss not seeing the most is Soundgarden!

Lol! Saw ZZ Top on the Eliminator tour, spinning guitars and all! They were good.

I would have loved to see Soundgarden. Think I was changing diapers by then.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Here’s how old I am: I saw the original REO Speedwagon a couple times. They were good.

I was not a fan of Fleetwood Mac until my wife dragged me to see them. My God, “Go Your Own Way” was good. Gives me chills to this day.

Saw Metallica once. It almost scared me. The whole fricking crowd chanted every lyric. Have never seen anything like it. It was incredible!
People who were not Fleetwood Mac fans have no idea just how insanely talented they were, at one point they were one of the best shows in the WORLD to see!

I also never saw Metallica! Seems like a lot of you guys loved Metallica!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
@Eric F
Check out Dave Grohl bring a fan on stage to sing Rush’s Tom Sawyer. Very funny just watching Dave have a blast! *****Careful, a little language in this one*****

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nate321