Guess I'll start an off-topic thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
#6 Name the first iconic sports moment that comes to mind (Kirby Puckett catch or Mattingly walk-off, I'm torn)
Larry Bird stealing the out of bounds pass in the final seconds of game 5 of the 1987 Eastern conference semifinals against the Pistons.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Per. Eric F's earlier request several weeks back..............................

#1. What ya listening to right now, favorite music? Favorite, bands, musicians?

Went down the Post Modern Jukebox rabbit hole. Been binge watching them on YouTube

#2. What's your favorite movie? A movie that'll stop you in your tracks when you're channel surfing?

Pulp Fiction and Bourne Identity. If they are on I wind up watching

#3. Not a big drinker but.............favorite go to beer?

Long haul beer is Bud Light. Just a couple while out and it’s Atwater Brewery Vanilla Java Porter

#4. Favorite sports team? Any sport.

Detroit Red Wings

#5. Other hobbies, interests besides fastpitch? Gloves, knives, firearms? ;) Guess I just answered that one!

Sporting Clays

Feel free to ask any other questions, that was just 5 quick ones. And please Lord, let this one veer off the rails!

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
I'll take a crack at this...

I'm currently getting ready to go to practice...so...I'm currently listening to Metallica. The song I have playing is Wherever I May Roam. Favorite bands/musicians/singers? I like Metallica, Panera, In This Moment, Black Sabbath, Ozzy Osbourne, Soundgarden, Sonic Youth, P.O.D., Taylor Swift, Iggy Azalea, Eminem, Snoop Dogg, Cardi B, Nicki Minaj, DJ Khaled, and too many others to list here.

#2. What's your favorite movie? A movie that'll stop you in your tracks when you're channel surfing?

Pulp Fiction, Alien or Predator series, Rush Hour series, Lord Of The Rings or Hobbit series, Fast And The Furious series (love Tokyo Drift), Django Unchained, Avatar, Star Wars, Spaceballs (funniest...movie...ever)

I'm 18 and am too young to drink beer. But I have had non-alcoholic beer when celebrating with my parents. So...I'd guess I'd say my favorite would be O'Doules N/A. But I absolutely love Southern style Sweet Tea if that counts.

Penn State, Phillies, Eagles, Sixers (should be a beast team when next NBA season starts), Flyers...Any Philadelphia area team.

#5. Other hobbies, interests besides fastpitch? Gloves, knives, firearms?

Cooking, baking, shooting clays (I'm a pretty decent shot with a shotgun), fishing, gaming (I'm a beast at playing Overwatch).

#6. Name something interesting about yourself someone would be surprised to learn about you?

I used to be an avid drummer when I was little and could play a lot of my dad's older metal songs...until he sold his drum set.

Jun 22, 2019
#1 I’m not a big music guy, but I know I can’t stand what my kids listen to.

#2 tombstone & brave heart

#3 not a big drinker, but I do like Spaten franziskaner & Budweiser (red). Bigger fan of sweet tea (no fruit in it)

#4 Alabama

#5 duck hunting

#6 Gibson hitting a bomb on one leg in the 1988 World Series.

May 16, 2016
Illinois

#5. Other hobbies, interests besides fastpitch? Gloves, knives, firearms? ;) Guess I just answered that one!

Feel free to ask any other questions, that was just 5 quick ones. And please Lord, let this one veer off the rails!

1- I listen to mostly 90's country music. Favorite bands are Marshall Tucker Band, Gary Allan, and Montgomery Gentry. I have a Aaron Tippin CD in the truck currently.

2- Not a big movie.

3- Miller Lite, Coors Lite

4- Da Bears

5- Bass fishing. I got a really nice bass boat sitting in the garage. Barely gets used anymore. You reminded me I should just sell that money pit. Before the kids I used to fish 100 days per year.

6- Favorite sports moment. Scottie Pippen dunking on Patrick Ewing

Last edited:

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009

#1. What ya listening to right now, favorite music? Favorite, bands, musicians? Real Country Music - The problem is that it no longer is being recorded.

#2. What's your favorite movie? A movie that'll stop you in your tracks when you're channel surfing? Cool Hand Luke

#3. Not a big drinker but.............favorite go to beer? I have never taken a drink.

#4. Favorite sports team? Any sport. St. Louis Cardinals - Yes, I am a member of Cardinal Nation. However, they are driving me crazy. I don't believe I have missed a game in 10 years. Watching them lose right now. However, for the first time, I turned down an opportunity to go to a suite and eat for free all night. I can't take it anymore! At some point I know that they are going to hire me as their hitting coach so that they at least have a chance to win a game or two.

#5. Other hobbies, interests besides fastpitch? Gloves, knives, firearms? ;) Guess I just answered that one! I was once a scratch golfer. I give hitting lessons. I lace gloves. We have Quarter Horses so I put a lot of hay up. I moderate two baseball websites.

I missed #6 - Something interesting about myself that others might not know. I coached baseball in the former Soviet Union in 1988.

#6 What type of car do you drive?
I drive a Jeep Grand Cherokee and absolutely love it. I noticed today that my neighbors have some nice rides. We have a Porsche, 3 Lexus, 3 Cadillac's, ... All are SUVs. I don't have one neighbor on my block who drives a sedan.

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2013
1. Sturgill Simpson

2. Pulp Fiction

3. Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale (8.2%)

4. St. Louis Cardinals . . . errr the Blues, it's always been the Blues

5. I used to reload and shoot before softball. Now editing softball video is as close to a hobby as I get.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi