Guess I'll start an off-topic thread?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 16, 2013
Per. Eric F's earlier request several weeks back..............................

#1. What ya listening to right now, favorite music? Favorite, bands, musicians? My DD and I are both metalheads. We're always looking for new and unique bands. Example: Babymetal Cute little stereotypical japanese girls making really good metal! But we have a ton of bands we love. We're always finding songs for her walk up songs if she plays college ball LOL. Some off the top of my head: Judas Priest Firepower, Metallica Whiplash, Slipknot The Devil in I, Motley Crue Kickstart My Heart, Skindred Nobody. She'll have a different walk up son every game. LOL

#2. What's your favorite movie? A movie that'll stop you in your tracks when you're channel surfing? The Matrix. Always, every time, just love it.

#3. Not a big drinker but.............favorite go to beer? Dos XX Amber

#4. Favorite sports team? Any sport. Hard for me to really say anymore as I haven't watched a game all year, but the Braves.

#5. Other hobbies, interests besides fastpitch? Gloves, knives, firearms? ;) Guess I just answered that one! Motorcycles. My son and I both ride and road raced for years. I would say guns, I have a lot and load my own rounds. However, haven't done any serious shooting in years. My son and I used to go to the range every other weekend. It was always fun watching everyone's reaction when a 12yo let off some .460 rounds.

Feel free to ask any other questions, that was just 5 quick ones. And please Lord, let this one veer off the rails!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Here’s a great Jordan story, and I got to witness it! I live 20 miles outside of Charlotte, NC. There’s a super nice, private Country club / golf course that’s probably 20/30 minutes from the Charlotte coliseum when it used to be on Tyvola Road where the Hornets played.

Every time the Bulls came to town, Jordan would play at this CC, and the rumor was he and the club pro would go at it with some big cash in the line.

I knew a guy who lived there and I’ve probably played there 30 times, super nice and an extremely hard course to play!

This guy calls me, Jordan is playing the pro and they’ve shut the course down, leave work now and come on!

I got to watch them play from a distance, I got the see the last 12 or 13 holes. Very cool day!

Here’s the kicker.......I never saw Jordan drink a beer, but I saw one of his “guys” pour a bunch into cups for him!

I left after they finished on number 18, the guy who lives there said they played 36 holes and he guessed Jordan drank 20 beers............then, he lit the Hornets up with over 50 points that night! Phenomenal athlete! I’ve got two pictures from that day I’ll try and find.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
As far as music / concerts, I’ve probably been to a 100. I think I said this to Eric not too long ago when we were talking about guitars.

I got to see the Plant / Page reunion tour in Charlotte in 98 (or 99?). If I could go back and see any show again, it’d definitely be that concert! Magical night, didn’t want it to end!

Dec 11, 2010
Annasdad, I’m about to confess something that as a guy I should never admit.

I worked near Chicago from late ‘90-‘94. Because of my employment, I could have gone to watch pretty much any Bulls game and watched at a “standing room” location for free. (The only exception was an elimination finals game.) I never did it. Not once. The drive would have been a half hour tops and I didn’t do it.

I kick myself for that now. Jordan was the greatest competitor ever. And I could have seen him play 50 times and was too dumb to realize what I was missing.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Annasdad, I’m about to confess something that as a guy I should never admit.

I worked near Chicago from late ‘90-‘94. Because of my employment, I could have gone to watch pretty much any Bulls game and watched at a “standing room” location for free. (The only exception was an elimination finals game.) I never did it. Not once. The drive would have been a half hour tops and I didn’t do it.

I kick myself for that now. Probably the greatest ever. And I could have seen him play 50 times and was too dumb to realize what I was missing.
Yeah, I’d kick myself too! I probably saw him actually play 6/8 times, those Hornet tickets were impossible to get!

With Jordan, just don’t defend him, let him just score his boring 30 points and go home...........or challenge him straight up and watch him score 50+!

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
And to REALLY go off the rails, HOW ABOUT THAT COCO GAUFF!!!!

We thought we knew who the future of American women’s tennis was but we were wrong! It’s gonna be Coco!
Had to look her up! Sorry, my tennis knowledge is knowing that Andre Agassi made the Red Hot Chili Peppers famous a lifetime ago!

Dec 11, 2010
Lol! My wife watches tennis, I catch myself watching and actually being interested in it sometimes. She was a big Andre fan. His book “Open” is really good and sports parents who didn’t play a sport at a high level themselves should probably read it. My wife is also a cubs fan, when they are on the only time I’m interested is when Javi Baez does Javi things.

I saw the Chili Peppers back in the day. They made the mistake of booking the Foo Fighters to open. Some wild man that introduced himself as Dave wore the crowd out before the Chili Peppers got off the bus, lol.

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Lol! My wife watches tennis, I catch myself watching and actually being interested in it sometimes. She was a big Andre fan. His book “Open” is really good and sports parents who didn’t play a sport at a high level themselves should probably read it. My wife is also a cubs fan, when they are on the only time I’m interested is when Javi Baez does Javi things.

I saw the Chili Peppers back in the day. They made the mistake of booking the Foo Fighters to open. Some wild man that introduced himself as Dave wore the crowd out before the Chili Peppers got off the bus, lol.
Grohl is awesome, just a naturally gifted entertainer!

NBECoach

Learning everyday
Aug 9, 2018
#1. What ya listening to right now, favorite music? Favorite, bands, musicians?

The Doors, The Beatles, REO, Molly Hatchet, Lynard Skynyrd, The Who, Led Zeppelin, Coldplay, Green Day, The Spinners, and plenty of one hit wonders!

#2. What's your favorite movie? A movie that'll stop you in your tracks when you're channel surfing?

Top Gun, RainMan, and almost any WWII movie

#3. Not a big drinker but.............favorite go to beer?

Usually Tanqueray and Tonic drinker, but will have an occasional Spotted Cow.

#4. Favorite sports team? Any sport.

Baseball - N.L. teams - Milwaukee Brewers, L.A. Dodgers. A.L. teams - Oakland A's, N.Y. Yankees. Pro Basketball - Milwaukee Bucks, Phoenx Suns. College Basketball - U of Wisconsin, UCLA

#5. Other hobbies, interests besides fastpitch? Gloves, knives, firearms?

Buy and sell Sports collectibles. (Pre-1975 baseball cards, all sports programs, autographed baseballs, bobbleheads, tickets, Uniform tops, etc.)

#6. Name something interesting about yourself someone would be surprised to learn about you?

Back when I was younger, I used to bowl in the winter almost as much as I played baseball in the summer. I have 3 299 games, 6 300 games, 2 800 series. Though now retired from competitive bowling I occasionally bowl with my family for fun.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DezA